The battle for 3rd place

That is where I expect pep to show his worth. I can forgive him the first game but he now knows the prem, the style these teams use, he knows his squad better, we should be winning that and my God I am looking forward to it. If we play with no fear we will win
wont make any difference. we could play a team with 11 messi's and pep would play 1 1 8.

maybe he did, maybe he didnt know how much our team would collapse, I dont know.... I know one thing, we are better than Leicester, we need the belief we can beat them. I expect Pep to sort that
I'd barely even have one player from their team now Kante has left them so I know we should beat them 9 times out of 10. Reality is though that if Pep doesn't at least compromise by dropping the defence a bit deeper then Leicester will have every chance of getting a result. I don't want to watch Kolarov, Otamendi or Stones chasing Vardy from the half way line and another match where we have 80% possession and manage to get hammered. This is not about belief IMO, it's about not playing in just about the only way that gives them a fair chance of victory despite the difference of quality of personnel.

I'd barely even have one player from their team now Kante has left them so I know we should beat them 9 times out of 10. Reality is though that if Pep doesn't at least compromise by dropping the defence a bit deeper then Leicester will have every chance of getting a result. I don't want to watch Kolarov, Otamendi or Stones chasing Vardy from the half way line and another match where we have 80% possession and manage to get hammered. This is not about belief IMO, it's about not playing in just about the only way that gives them a fair chance of victory despite the difference of quality of personnel.
Yup, same here... Pep should have learnt and should either play more cautious or some other plan.

Imo this team is lacking belief, confidence in themselves, a winner attitude.. Whatever you want to call it.... The thing that makes them score instead of missing, or makes them not fear the opposition like the Monaco game, pep couldn't get our players to attack them more, they are scared imo

I havnt got anything evidence except what I see... And we get cold feet when the pressure is high, top six games for example

So long as Pep doesn't out-think himself.
So long as we pick up a point or 3 at Arse.
I think that we will beat the Chavs at theirs (Jesus to knock a couple in - sideshow bob to get a red card! ) -we will definitely be seeking revenge in that one.
Spuds have to get by without Kane for a while.
I see us finishing 2nd with a reduced points difference to the chavs.
Rags may finish 4th . (They're on the longest unbeaten run by any team ever don't ya know ?!)

The next 5 PL games should be decisive for us, if we're still in or very close to top 4 after that we have a preferable run in - beating Arsenal would be a big step towards that.

United have the toughest run in, so will likely drop points there. Arsenal's is only slightly better than ours for remaining fixtures, hence a win against them should hopefully be enough to top them.

Chelsea of course will win, Spurs should be nailed on for a spot, Liverpool have the easiest run in but that seems to be a negative for them so it's hard to say - for me though those 3 are the ones who should make it in the easiest; with us Arsenal & United fighting for the final spot.

I can't personally imagine us finishing 2nd. A combination of last seasons finish, pessimism and our lack of clinical edge.

I think we have to beat Arsenal and United whilst ideally a draw at Chelsea would be great if we can get it.

Our run in is nothing short of what we could ask for in my opinion, we should be looking at maximum points.

Yup, same here... Pep should have learnt and should either play more cautious or some other plan.

Imo this team is lacking belief, confidence in themselves, a winner attitude.. Whatever you want to call it.... The thing that makes them score instead of missing, or makes them not fear the opposition like the Monaco game, pep couldn't get our players to attack them more, they are scared imo

I havnt got anything evidence except what I see... And we get cold feet when the pressure is high, top six games for example
If there's one thing that was notable about the Liverpool home game it was the bottle shown by the players. I think you would have a point of you were talking about the Monaco away 1st half performance. I don't think that is typical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.