Top 6 mini league 17/18

Otamendi is one more booking away from serving a further two-match suspension, prior to the a December cut-off.

Vinny is already on three, despite hardly playing.

Fernandinho is also one prior to a suspension.

This is where being the dirtiest team in the league may come back to haunt us these next few weeks.

With Stones out, we need to make sure that Leicester Cup game becomes a very convenient fixture to have half the team suspended.

Spurs won't be challenging anyone. You just can't afford a record like this against the top 6. Cost us last season.

From what I have seen so far.

Spurs will bottle the big games and are too far behind us already. Will have the odd slip up at Wembley, too reliant on Individual players.

Liverpool look decent on their day but too inconsistent and vulnerable at the back. Too far behind us.

Arsenal always have a good day like today in them but a stinker like Watford away in them and don't take enough points in the top 6 games. Too far behind us. Their game against the rags is crucial to them.

For me The only two teams close enough to challenge still are.....

Chelsea - starting to look decent again. For me they will be 2nd behind us.

United - will win a lot of games at home and still bully the smaller clubs. Prediction - 3rd.

Between Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool for 4th. If pushed I would say Arsenal will get it for the simple reason the CL will impact the other two.

Not sure I agree about the rags.

First, they have played opposition in the top half of the table on four occasions this season and have won only once. Secondly, the only time they did beat top-half opposition was when they were at home - and that was against the Harry Kane team when they were missing Harry Kane. Thirdly, whilst they have put mid and lower league teams away at the swamp. They have been pretty mediocre on the road - they beat Swansea (who are second bottom) easily, but their only other away win was at Southampton, where they struggled. They failed to beat Stoke (who are fifteenth), shut up shop at Anfield, and got beat at Huddersfield (who are tenth) and Chelsea. If they can't beat mid-table opposition away from the swamp, they won't come near winning the league, and we already know they won't even try to beat top six opposition away from home.

Next weekend they are home to Brighton, who I expect them to beat. Then the following Tuesday they are away at Watford. That could be interesting. I think their lack of ambition/ability against good teams away from home will cost them third spot

Chelsea are just, I think, off the pace. They do seem to have off days every now and then, even though for the most part they put teams to the sword. I think they will finish third. Even though Spurs were poor yesterday I still think the are most likely to finish second.

Still, isn't it nice discussing whether the rags will finish third or fourth? :)

Otamendi is one more booking away from serving a further two-match suspension, prior to the a December cut-off.

This is where being the dirtiest team in the league may come back to haunt us these next few weeks.

With Stones out, we need to make sure that Leicester Cup game becomes a very convenient fixture to have half the team suspended.

Is that right? He served his one game ban for 5 bookings. Surely you don’t get a further 2 games for your 6th one?

Also Fern only has 3.

Is that right? He served his one game ban for 5 bookings. Surely you don’t get a further 2 games for your 6th one?

Also Fern only has 3.

Click on the "filter by club" for City

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/yellow_card

How many Premier League yellow cards does a player need to get for a suspension?
A player is subject to a ban after they receive five yellow cards in all domestic competitions before the cut-off or five after the cut-off.

They are also subject to a ban when they reach 10 and 15 yellows in the same season.

How many games is the suspension?
The player is suspended for one game when they reach the five yellow card limit.
They are then given two matches for 10 yellow cards and three matches for 15 yellow cards.

If they reach a total of 20 for the season they are required to attend a special hearing at the FA to discuss their on-field behaviour.

When does the Premier League wipe all the cards for the season?
It means a player receiving their fifth yellow card of the season on January 1 will not receive a ban.
However, a player receiving 10 yellows by the end of the season will still be given a ban, so the cards are not completely wiped from a player’s record.
The cut-off date for yellow cards in the Premier League is December 31. (In the Football League, it is November 30)

Fern's only on 3, but there seems a good chance his ban could coincide with the derby

your mr negative this season! Enjoy the ride.

If we get 12 to 15 clear were sorted.
However I do worry about injuries.

Awesome efforts with the research but some of it may need amending. Liverpool drew with Burnley this season, you have stated that they beat them.
If you’ve added points for a win (and not just confused Burnley with another team they’ve beaten) then the scouse points total will need reviewing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.