Top 6 mini league

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 3 Oct 2017.

1. Jordie

Jordie

It would be funny to see what excuse Maureen comes out with if they don't finish top 4

2. Hoghead

Hoghead

Where is the thread that compares ours and the rags performance with this year and last year?

3. bellsouth

bellsouth

Last year after 11 games, we had 24 points, they had 18

4. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Really good analysis mate. Agree with your conclusions. The only thing that will stop us this season is ourselves. Spuds are winning a lot of games by a single goal. They will start dropping points against mid table teams any time soon.

5. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    Or are they suffering a dip in performance but still managing to get over the line!

6. Chris in London

Chris in London

Cheers. What that defeat at the swamp demonstrated was how reliant the Harry Kane team is on Harry Kane. They might beat mid table opposition without him, or might not, but they are one injury away from their season going rapidly downhill.

7. Chris in London

Chris in London

Close! This would have been spot on if Spurs had held on for another 10 minutes...

8. KCblue

KCblue

Believe me I was hoping for it! Of course the rags had to win off a long ball..

9. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I was looking at the 'other' league table earlier - the top 6 vs everyone else. No great surprises in the results:

City played 8 (w7,d1) points 22
    Chelsea pl 7 (w5, l2) points 15
    Dippers pl7 (w4, d3) points 15
    Rags pl 8 (w6, d1, l1) points 19
    Spuds pl 8 (w6, d2) points 20
    Arsenal pl 8 (w6, l2) points 18

What it does show is that not many points are being dropped (relatively) by the top 6 against teams outside the top 6. That just highlights how important it is for us to keep beating our direct competitors as we cannot rely on the likes of Spuds dropping points to anyone but top 6. Our two games in Dec vs Rags and Spuds are important to win to ensure we maintain the pressure - if we lost one or both we could easily find ourselves being drawn back into the mix. We certainly can't afford any sloppy draws/losses against mid table teams - Leicester, Newcastle and Huddersfield will present a good challenge. So far, so good but this Blue is a long way from getting complacent yet.

10. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

I expect City to be just 4 points clear by end of November.

Liverpool arent done yet and could even go on to challenge for the title if everything goes right for them.

Utd I expect to catch us by end of Novemebr.

But lets see how we do against Leicester, yet another litmus test