Top Man t-shirt sparks outrage

Seems way OTT.

The intention wasn't about Hillsborough, and only a few people interpreted it as a relation to Hillsborough.
When I first was shown a picture of it I didn't instantly think of Hillsborough.
It was a massive tragedy we all know this, we're reminded about it every year, and those who covered it up are now beginning to pay the price for what happened.... but now it's time to move on as a community.

Whenever the numbers 96 show up it shouldn't be automatically related to Hillsborough. They sell Munich shirts with a picture of Munich in snow online, you don't see United fans demanding blood.

Named after a Bob Marley song.
They use the re-release date instead of the original date? Bollocks.
They use the word Karma because it appearsin the same song? Bollocks.
They use a red shirt for Bob Marley? Bollocks.
And why a rose within the 96? Its absolute bollocks!

If you google for Bob Marley merchandise what colour is it usually on? Not RED!

Topman have over stepped the line, or should i say one individual.

Edit* if you do google Bob Marley Clothing youll pass over 100 images before you find a full red Bob tee.
I dont buy it ir the shirt

A shirt in red with a big 96 on the back and karma on the sleeve and you can't understand why they are upset?
96 football supporters never came back from a match, & you think it's "karma"
It's design may or may not have been deliberate, but the potential is there and clearly so.
Correct. And to me theres no doubt it's been done deliberately.

I immediately associated it with the disaster.I find it very difficult to see how anyone wouldn't.

To be honest if I walked past a shop window window with the shirt in it, I wouldn't have associated it with Liverpool at all. I would have just thought that it's a bit of an ugly shirt. However, once somebody points it out, it does seem rather too much of a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.