Tories have lost the vote of the young generation.

Why do you not answer questions and instead retort with a question, usually anti-Labour in its nature? The question posed to you in this case did not mention a party, yet you then proceeded to mention Labour in this reply to the original question posed to you.

Because Labour don't support the working poor now which is the point, did it escape your attention that the vitriol aimed at the conservatives (This thread is one example) is evident everywhere? When we talk about political ethics it's justifiable to talk about political parties, and one party that was formed to protect the poor is in fact supporting the already haves and protecting their interests.

So let's get this straight. An unemployed family, living 4 to a room in some delapidated squalor in say Gloucester, who's been on a housing list for ages where they live, would NOT move to a new area not 30 miles away, where there was no waiting list and a brand new council semi waiting for them? I'm presuming you haven't seen the council houses near me. They are lovely. Why on earth would someone NOT move? Of course some people would move, which is EXACTLY what has been happening.

I think you were on magic mushrooms posting what you did. Either that or you were so keen to critise you simply forgot to engage your brain. The debate was about why we don't simply build endlessly more houses in the Southwest, and i gave one perfectly good reason, of which there are many others.

You said every unemployed person. . You move goal posts with an ease that is astounding. A family from Gloucester does not fit the paradigm you ibis kit suggested. If you mean some living nearby would move say that. Making a ridiculous assertion doesn't help any debate.

That's all I'm saying.

You said every unemployed person. . You move goal posts with an ease that is astounding. A family from Gloucester does not fit the paradigm you ibis kit suggested. If you mean some living nearby would move say that. Making a ridiculous assertion doesn't help any debate.

That's all I'm saying.

Nor does taking very literal interpretations from everyday figures of speech. "Anyone unemployed would simply move to Bristol" does not mean every last soul, as you well know. You understand the principle of what I was saying and yet chose to go with accusing me of being on magic mushrooms and fearing for my sanity.

That doesn't help the debate either.

Nor does taking very literal interpretations from everyday figures of speech. "Anyone unemployed would simply move to Bristol" does not mean every last soul, as you well know. You understand the principle of what I was saying and yet chose to go with accusing me of being on magic mushrooms and fearing for my sanity.

That doesn't help the debate either.

I said clearly, IF you believed that would happen. Figures of speach in making a point should be avoided unless they stand up in the context of your argument.

Anyway, I ain't getting into your tumble drier Chippy.

I said clearly, IF you believed that would happen. Figures of speach in making a point should be avoided unless they stand up in the context of your argument.

Anyway, I ain't getting into your tumble drier Chippy.
Great.

No, of course not.

What I am saying is it's about time some other areas put their back into it. We've built tens of thousands of new homes down our way already and the infrastructure simply cannot cope. We've done our bit. My village is already doubling the number of houses as it is under the current plans. If everywhere did that we've have a million too many homes all over the country lying empty.

My beef is that the London based parliament still sees a huge problem down their way and tells everyone across the country they need to do more. WE don't.

Everywhere is taking on the burden mate - the small N Yorks market town where I like has 5 - yes 5 - new estates of 100+ properties each under construction. Thats on the back of a 300 home one 5 years ago and a smaller 35 home development a couple of years ago. If I drive cross country from here places like Stokesley and Yarm are having several new estates under construction right now. I travel with work all over the north east across sometimes to Liverpool and Carlisle - new estates are going up everywhere in the UK. Yes there may be too few to meet demand in the south east but there is demand as a result of shortages all over the UK.

Everywhere is taking on the burden mate - the small N Yorks market town where I like has 5 - yes 5 - new estates of 100+ properties each under construction. Thats on the back of a 300 home one 5 years ago and a smaller 35 home development a couple of years ago. If I drive cross country from here places like Stokesley and Yarm are having several new estates under construction right now. I travel with work all over the north east across sometimes to Liverpool and Carlisle - new estates are going up everywhere in the UK. Yes there may be too few to meet demand in the south east but there is demand as a result of shortages all over the UK.
This is what I mean.

You can't move for new housing developments around our way, seriously. And yet the way people bang on, anyone would think we hadn't built a new home in years. As I say, we've got 150 new council houses going up (some built already) in my little village alone and they are planning on 300 a year locally. And they are really lovely, btw.

As an aside, you should see the cars parked the drives. New 4x4's, very tidy family cars all over the place. Council houses.

And people go on about what a terrible country we live in and these evil Tories. Beirut, it is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.