Tosin Adarabioyo

mad zab

Captain of the U 18's at 16

Anyone seen much of this kid?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/September/Tosin-Adarabioyo-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... -interview</a>

Local boy Tosin Adarabioyo is just beginning his first year as a full time footballer, but he has been a familiar name on the City u18 teamsheet since making his debut at 14 years old.

The defender matured quickly and became a key figure in the meanest defence in the league last term – Tosin made 17 appearances for Jason Wilcox’s u18 side that romped to the Premier League North Division title.

Now recognised as one of the senior members of the new look squad even though he has only just collected his GCSE results, the Mancunian youngster was handed the captain’s armband at the dawn of the 2014/15 season and is eager to rise to the challenge and seize the responsibility.

“It was brilliant to get the armband,” Tosin declared. “I’ve been here for a long time now and I’ve really wanted it, so I feel proud to finally be captain. I really wanted to be skipper last year, even though I was younger but it was Ash Smith-Brown instead, so it was fantastic to hear the news that it was me this time.

“Even without being captain, I’m one of the senior players in the squad this year so I’m trying my best to help the squad get along and integrate together so we can try and win the North League, push on further in the Youth Cup and hopefully win the Nationals as well.”

A composed central defender, who is good on the ball and confident in building from the back, Tosin is one to watch in both penalty areas – he scored the first league goal last season with a clever volley from a corner in a thrilling 4-4 draw with West Brom, and got off the mark this term with a fantastic solo effort against Everton.

While last year the squad netted 87 times in the league and conceded just 40 to finish with the best goal difference across the North and South Leagues, Wilcox has challenged Tosin and the rest of the team to do even better this time around.

The defender explained: “Jason has been speaking to us all about improving this season. He wants us to concede less and score more goals than we did last year, so we can hopefully win more games and go further in the Youth Cup.”

The 16-year-old’s potential was recognised early by the City Academy and he has long since been used to playing up the age groups as part of the club’s philosophy to test players and aid their development.

Adarabioyo was involved with the EDS as early as last summer, when he was just 15, but his footballing genes mean he is unlikely to ever be fazed – he’s been playing against older players all his life.

“My elder brother, Fisayo is a footballer as well,” said Tosin. “I’m a defender and he’s an attacker, so when we play together he always attacks me and I always defend against him.

“I’ve been playing against him since I was little, so I’ve always been a defender – centre back, right back or occasionally a no.6 in my younger days! It means I’ve always been used to playing against people older than me too.”

Tosin is also quick to point to the benefits of a consistent system throughout the Academy, which allows players to move seamlessly between age groups without having to adjust to a new style and formation.

“It’s really good for us that the u21s play in the same style as the u18s because if any player goes up they know how the team will play, what to do on set pieces and they won’t feel out of place,” the skipper enthused.

“When I was playing with the u21s last year Patrick Vieira just told me to try and be more aggressive so I don’t get bullied off the ball by older and stronger players.”

Consistently impressive club form has led to rewards at international level, and Tosin has already represented England in the u16 and u17 age groups.

However, with a drive and work ethic to complement his footballing talents, the youngster continues to aim for ever higher standards.

“Jason Wilcox has told me to make sure I keep on working hard every single day in training and my rewards will come soon,” he said.

“My aims for this year are to try to win and much as we can for the u18s, and to push into u19 UEFA Youth League squad and hopefully the u21s squad as well.”

He added: “To be a footballer, I think you need to be determined, work extremely hard and have confidence in yourself.

“My dreams keep me focused. I aim to be the best defender I can be, to play for England and City’s first team and try to win the Champions League.”

Starts for the England u18's in a few minutes.

If anyone interested....its live here <a class="postlink" href="https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/reprezentacja/reprezentacje-mlodziezowe/reprezentacja-mlodziezowa-u-18/polska-anglia-u-18-transmisja-na-np" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/reprezenta ... isja-na-np</a>

mad zab said:
Adarabioyo was involved with the EDS as early as last summer, when he was just 15, but his footballing genes mean he is unlikely to ever be fazed – he’s been playing against older players all his life.

“My elder brother, Fisayo is a footballer as well,” said Tosin. “I’m a defender and he’s an attacker, so when we play together he always attacks me and I always defend against him.

“I’ve been playing against him since I was little, so I’ve always been a defender – centre back, right back or occasionally a no.6 in my younger days! It means I’ve always been used to playing against people older than me too.”
Sounds a lot like Paul Lakes early development.

He's good, but there are a lot of players who I would say are better than him. He's just looks like an adult playing against kids though.

I think the real test is if he gets loaned out, he wouldn't be able to bully players as much as he does now and his technical ability would be tested.

Manchester33 said:
He's good, but there are a lot of players who I would say are better than him. He's just looks like an adult playing against kids though.

I think the real test is if he gets loaned out, he wouldn't be able to bully players as much as he does now and his technical ability would be tested.
He's only just turned 17, I can't see him going anywhere yet.

From the MEN
By Simon Bajkowski

Manchester City's Under-18s captain wants to follow Vincent Kompany's lead to success.

Whoever he comes up against, Tosin Adarabioyo just wants to be the best.

In addition to skippering the Under-18s this season, the Manchester City youngster has played in the Under-19s UEFA Youth League and Under-21 Premier League and each time the motivation is the same.

"To be honest I just want to win every game we get to", he said.

"During the game obviously we're developing, becoming better players and learning more but I just want to win that youth Champions League. That's my main target - I'd do anything to win really.

"It is good to know that if we progress in this then we're basically the best team in Europe at our age."

Adarabioyo, 17, has stepped up to play all six games in the UEFA Youth League this season, part of a backline that conceded just four goals to help City to a 100 per cent record in the group stage.

Not that his development should come as a surprise.

The starlet is used to being given responsibilities beyond his age, and will be part of the EDS team away to Norwich on Wednesday who are aiming to bounce back from three consecutive losses.

Under-18s coach Jason Wilcox called Adarabioyo into his office this summer to give the then-16-year-old captaincy of the team.

Was he expecting to be given the role? "I wanted it," he grinned. "I really wanted it. I think I am a leader anyway so it is just part of me really."

It seems apparent that the young Englishman is not hide his ambition. Just as important though is his willingness to admit areas to improve.

Adapting to the differences in dealing with European opposition in the UEFA Youth League has been 'challenging', while Adarabioyo acknowledged that Under-21 level is a lot harder physically. "The intensity is higher so I just have to try and keep up with them and move the ball as quick as we can," he added.

Similarly, when giving his assessment of the season so far for the Under-18s he said: "At the start I wasn't playing so well but I think I have started to play very well and started to lead the team as I am captain so my relationship skills have got a lot better."

The England Under-18 international is happy to improve and work on his game to build on his weaknesses. It can't hinder his development that the centre-back he most enjoys watching in the Premier League - Vincent Kompany - is at the same training complex every day.

"I love his aggression and his dominance when he's playing," enthused Adarabioyo. "It just shows how he works every day and it shows that I have to work the same as he does to get to the level he is at now - and hopefully be better than him!"

Another benefit of moving to the CFA has been playing at the Academy Stadium.

The Under-18s spent the first half of the season at Platt Lane, but had moved into the new training complex for their first FA Youth Cup game.

They are well placed in the competition, awaiting a winner from the tie between Arsenal and Crewe to see who they will face at home for a place in the last four.

All of their games have come at the newly-opened Academy Stadium next to the Etihad, and the team have been cheered onto victories against Oxford, Coventry and Stoke by promising crowds.

Having been at the club since he was five and spent most of his life in Manchester, Adarabioyo has been pleased to see supporters turning up to show their support.

"It's phenomenal, lovely," he said.

"It's good because it's right next to the Etihad and again it shows that you're one step below from playing for the first team. Yeah I feel like it is a lot better now because we have a community here now and it is just across from the Etihad so it is all just one big community here."

Haven't seen anything from Tosin to suggest he will be anywhere near good enough for us; his size gave him the advantage at youth level, but once he gets into men's football that will be neutralised.

Cameron Humphreys looks like a much better prospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.