Tosin Adarabioyo

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by mad zab, 3 Sep 2014.

1. domalino

domalino

As for last night -

He made a few mistakes yesterday, but none were costly and he'll learn from it. He lost a runner late on and we nearly conceded, and he could have done more to get out and block Roberts' goal but he was very clearly injured at the time and nearly came off so you can't blame him.

On the other hand, the number of times his first touch was a pass, and a good pass at that, was really noticeable and it speeds up play so much compared to some of the senior players who take a touch and then look for a pass. A number of times he'd make a first time forward pass and then Gundogan would get it in open space and we were instantly going forwards dangerously. I think Pep will love seeing that, it shows he's got his head up and knows where the ball needs to go before he's received it.

Would like to see him again soon, and playing with Stones and Bravo. Maybe Watford, although physically not sure how he'd cope with Deeney so maybe not.

2. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Amen to that

3. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Has anyone seen the picture of Tosin in a City shirt (Thomas Cook) doing the rounds on Facebook today?

If so, any idea which season it is from?

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Neither is kolarov but he keeps getting game time,i'd much rather give the opportunity to this kid instead.

5. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

the stuart pearce season 06 i think.

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Thanks.

That looks about right, considering the size Tosin is in the photo.

7. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Shit username, call me George
    If it came down to it, I know which centre half i'd be playing to try and keep up with Vardy or Musa this weekend and it wouldn't be the fella who Hazard and Willian left for dead.

Our centre backs have been poor this year, deserves his chance to play imo. I'd rather see a 19 year old making mistakes and hopefully learning from them than a 30 something who's been doing the same old shit over and over again.

8. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He did nothing v Celtic imo, to suggest he's ready for the first team. But he did plenty to show that he has loads we can work with.

And having watched the Chelsea game again, Otamendi's performance contains some of the worst cb play I've seen in all the years watching City. Utterly unforgivably bad.

Chucking a raw 19 year old in to solve it though ? Not for me.

Otamendi surely can't play that badly again (if he does we should boil him in oil & bury him in an unmarked grave) & Tosin just isn't used to the pace & movement of top flight football.

Imo he should be brought through this season in bits & bobs (the way the Pelle didn't do with Denayer & Co) & then see how he looks for next season.

9. domalino

domalino

When do we start worrying about his contract situation?

10. Richard

Richard