Tosin Adarabioyo

He can't learn if he's not playing. Alonso and Silva got to play under Pep, I guarantee if they'd got 2 cup appearances all season they wouldn't be praising their education under Pep. If he was getting not the pitch, this would be the best place for him, but he's not.

He turns 20 in September - can you name any world class centre back who hadn't played a league game by 20?
Let's no go overboard....world class?!

The world has changed and your mentality needs to with it. Show me the 20 year old center half who is a regular starter for the top 10 teams in Europe.

No, the money and stakes have been raised to another level, which is why every team that aspires to the latter rounds of the CL and winning trophies every year has an entire squad of world class players. Even Pep likes to only manage about 15-16 players, because he wants the absolute best quality, because his game is so technical. You can't do that AND blood every lad who is doing well in the EDS. Rather, you find an opportunity FOR THR PLAYER to check his own level, and help him see where he needs to improve his game, how he needs to think quicker, know the pass before the ball arrives, understand the movement of the players around him, etc, etc, etc...

Also, don't forget, these players are training with, and against, the best of the best City has to offer, day in, day out, and being coached, cajoled, and brought along...and THEN they will sink or swim based on whether they are good enough or not as they mature into the MEN we need to compete at the top level.

Let's no go overboard....world class?!

The world has changed and your mentality needs to with it. Show me the 20 year old center half who is a regular starter for the top 10 teams in Europe.

No, the money and stakes have been raised to another level, which is why every team that aspires to the latter rounds of the CL and winning trophies every year has an entire squad of world class players. Even Pep likes to only manage about 15-16 players, because he wants the absolute best quality, because his game is so technical. You can't do that AND blood every lad who is doing well in the EDS. Rather, you find an opportunity FOR THR PLAYER to check his own level, and help him see where he needs to improve his game, how he needs to think quicker, know the pass before the ball arrives, understand the movement of the players around him, etc, etc, etc...

Also, don't forget, these players are training with, and against, the best of the best City has to offer, day in, day out, and being coached, cajoled, and brought along...and THEN they will sink or swim based on whether they are good enough or not as they mature into the MEN we need to compete at the top level.

You've completely misunderstood my point.

Name a world class defender now who wasn't playing regularly at 20.

I'm not saying Tosin is world class, but if he wants to be then the evidence of every world class player in the world shows he needs to be playing first team football regularly already.

I'm also not saying he needs to be starting here every week at 20 - that's another part of my post you seemingly didn't understand.

Umtiti, Varane, Kimmich? Granted, they are a bit older, but have been quite regular starters for some time now.

Every defender who you'd currently class as world class - Silva, Bonucci, Pepe, Ramos, Pique, Boateng, Hummels, Chiellini etc. anyone who goes on any list of the best defenders in the world would have been playing regular professional football by Tosins age.

Every defender who you'd currently class as world class - Silva, Bonucci, Pepe, Ramos, Pique, Boateng, Hummels, Chiellini etc. anyone who goes on any list of the best defenders in the world would have been playing regular professional football by Tosins age.
Actually, Kompany wasn't for one.

They should get him signed and if he doesn't fit into next season's plans then he should be sent to a team in Eredivisie or a team promoted to the Championship.

That way he'll be first choice and learn at a decent standard. Thirty plus games will do him the world of good.

You are making my point for me! And, he IS playing regular professional football, just not under the glaring global spotlight of the PL.

What is the average age of that group of players, and WHEN WAS IT THEY BROKE THROUGH?

The game is different today! Clubs, just like our very own, shell out £100M for a defensive pair BEFORE they are considered WC, just because A) it is so difficult to find WC center halves anywhere in world football, and B) when you do find them, most of the best are all 30 or thereabouts!

All I'm saying is that young talent has to be nurtured AND PLAYED, but I think once discovered, nurtured is more important. Look at the "talent" that has been bloodied, found wanting, and shipped out unceremoniously. If he is as good as we hope, he has at least 2-4 years to both develop and be fed into to regular first team. Everyone seems to be in such a rush for one of the coveted small handful of starting positions in a Top Six line-up when everyone knows this is the last place a team should tinker!!! City, anyone?!

Actually, Kompany wasn't for one.
And, he played as a DM when he first arrived here.

Hard to say he was considered world class when bought by City, as they shelled out peanuts for him. We buy no-names for his fee these days, while the agents of big signings make more than we paid for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.