Total Doom: how much disaster can City fans take??

shemnel

A ridiculous thread title to get you thinking about a serious issue;

how much 'failure' can we, as Blues, be expected to take? what is failure now?

i'm not going to embark on yet another 'I was at York away and Wembley 99' but it's important to take all this into perspective. Recently we have had success that rivals the late 60s and City are now considered title challengers every single season (feels mad to write that!).

So it got me thinking when we lost to the Arse the other weekend, and Bluemoon entered systemic meltdown as we remained 2nd in the table, can we reasonably shoulder the burden of no trophies in a season? can we, as a fan base, remain humble when finishing 4th? can we accept the natural fluctuations of football that see squads ebb and flow in quality or do we now demand success year on year?

what im trying to say is, can City fans remain footy fans when the times arent as good as May 2012 and 2014 and do we need to re-learn what it is to lose every so often?

just saying

well i just ordered some stuff from the club shop... the wax jacket.. on the sale part i ordered the size L... if that comes out massive i dont know what i will do.. so i have hid the razors.. i also ordered the new train top.. and a hoodie.. but i ordered them in size medium.. do you Think they will fit ?? im so worried.. i am so happy there are people out there who worry about people like me..Total Doom.. mob.. eh nice name

There's never been a better time to be a blue, with the prospect of much more to come. However, when big clubs lose football matches it provokes discussion. This doesn't mean those taking part in the discussion are any less happy with the current state of the club than those who don't.

I will take complete and utter failure...I've done it before...with a wry smile on my face

If we fell out of the football league i'd still be supporting City

That 29,000 average gate in the old third tier? I was one of those

Win Lose Or Draw

CTID

I'm a City fan and wherever that takes me is where I'll go still enjoying supporting my team. If you can't enjoy it why bother?

OP, i see your question and i raise you this one :
How much disaster and failure would Sheikh Mansour take before he finally throws in the towel ?
Because for god sake, this is what will really matter to us glory hunters, right ?

Depends what you term as a disaster. We probably have to accept that trophyless seasons will happen. Possibly to drop out of champions league range could be seen as one after how far we have come. Cups are to an extent luck of the draw, although I still can't believe the collapse against Wigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.