Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan

THFC6061

Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Leg 2

(Spurs hold a 1-0 lead from the first leg in Milan)

SPURS TEAM NEWS:

Rafa van der Vaart is available to face AC Milan in the Champions League tomorrow night.

However, Harry Redknapp reported that Gareth Bale was 'touch and go' to start the last 16, second leg at the Lane.

Dutch maestro Rafa, 12 goals in 24 appearances this season, played an hour of our 1-0 first leg win in the San Siro on February 15 but a calf problem has ruled him out of our last two matches at Blackpool and Wolves.

"Rafa's okay," said Harry. "He trained this morning and yesterday, and worked particularly hard yesterday. He came through with no problems and he's available."

Gareth returned to action with a 20-minute stint off the bench in Sunday's draw at Wolves.

That was the Welsh flyer's first action since departing early at Newcastle with a back problem that subsequently kept him out for six weeks.

"Gareth trained this morning, his back is fine but he still felt a bit stiff in the the legs," said Harry.

"We will wait until tomorrow to see how he is. It's touch and go as to whether or not he's fit enough to start the game.

"I would love to start him and if he's fit, he's a fantastic player for us. If he's not quite right, I won't take a chance with him.

"I'm sure he's desperate to play but he won't play if he doesn't feel quite 100 per cent. It's his decision as to whether or not he feels ready. We'll have to wait and see."

Vedran 'Charlie' Corluka is also available after recovering from an ankle injury sustained in the first leg.

"Charlie is fit," added Harry. "He's fine. He's worked hard in training for the last week or two and he's available.

"I've now got to make a decision between him and Alan Hutton. We'll look at that one tomorrow.

"Charlie has worked hard with the physio and fitness coaches, he's made a good recovery and wants to play. Everyone wants to play in this game."

Ledley King (groin), Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Younes Kaboul (knee) remain out.

I'd expect Harry to line-up his Spurs team tonight like this...

Gomes

Corluka - Dawson - Gallas - Assou-Ekotto

Sandro - Modric

Lennon - Van der Vaart - Bale

Crouch

Subs: Cudicini (GK), Hutton, Bassong, Jenas, Kranjcar, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

First of all fook arry and his spuds.

However there are one Team who could suprise, i dont want to see an italian Club in the 1/8 anyway, so fook it.

I want Spurs to go as far as they can for 2 reasons.
1. The more games they have, the harder it is for them in the league.
2. It's piss funny how they can progress to the quarter finals whilst they're more illustrious neighbours have been knocked out. If it was in Manchester, (i.e. United had just been knocked out and we could progress), I bet they would want us to win too. Good to see the 'lesser' team of a rivalry outshine the other.

Spuds fan starting a thread about their game on a City forum.

World's gone mad.

bluemoon27 said:
firstly why the fck is a spuds fan coming on here telling us shite we dont give a fck about

I had to do a double check i wasn't on a 'spud u like' site.

Anyway,i'm sure the thread would exist regardless of who made it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.