Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan

JoeMercer'sWay said:
no it isn't, it acknowledges it as the same trophy and essentially the same competition just with a different format, it accepts former winners as such therefore in no uncertain terms you are wrong.
You're absolutely correct. You're also likely to make more progress talking to a wall.

Damocles said:
Isnt it funny?
The more I learn about the game, the more I watch players from around the world, the more qualified I become (just about to start UEFA B licence), the more people on here tell me that Im full of shit.
If you're talking about Ibrahimovic, I don't think you're right at all. He's been on television a lot over the past few years, and all I've seen him do is lob Almunia at the Emirates. He's a lump. He's lazy, he doesn't work, and seems very much like Adebayor. I've honestly never seen him do anything that's made me think "yeah, he's a top player, this lad."

Judging a player by his honours with his clubs isn't good enough evidence. You could say that John O'Shea and Wes Brown are world class defenders because they've won so much with United.

It's the same with David Villa. He's one of the best finishers in the world, but he's not as good as Tevez. Villa had Silva behind him at Valencia, and now he has the best team in world football supplying easy chances. Tevez scores the same amount of goals while creating chances for himself. Villa is incredibly over-rated purely on his goal tally. Jo would score 30 goals a season with Barcelona's team behind him.

MCFC BOB said:
Damocles said:
Isnt it funny?
The more I learn about the game, the more I watch players from around the world, the more qualified I become (just about to start UEFA B licence), the more people on here tell me that Im full of shit.
If you're talking about Ibrahimovic, I don't think you're right at all. He's been on television a lot over the past few years, and all I've seen him do is lob Almunia at the Emirates. He's a lump. He's lazy, he doesn't work, and seems very much like Adebayor. I've honestly never seen him do anything that's made me think "yeah, he's a top player, this lad."

Judging a player by his honours with his clubs isn't good enough evidence. You could say that John O'Shea and Wes Brown are world class defenders because they've won so much with United.

It's the same with David Villa. He's one of the best finishers in the world, but he's not as good as Tevez. Villa had Silva behind him at Valencia, and now he has the best team in world football supplying easy chances. Tevez scores the same amount of goals while creating chances for himself. Villa is incredibly over-rated purely on his goal tally. Jo would score 30 goals a season with Barcelona's team behind him.
finally a post when i agree with bob

MCFC BOB said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEIDKd3MR4[/youtube]

Take your pick really, that shows his time at Ajax, Juve and some time at Inter. (6:30 is my personal favourite Ibra goal, possibly ever. The amount of skill it takes to do that is ridiculous)

This is him at Barca:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RXxc9fdtQ[/youtube]

And an early video for his Milan time:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBiPQQdPg_Q[/youtube]

He's seriously a top player. People who aren't top players don't move for the money that he does, whilst scoring the goals that he does and winning the trophies that he does.

Damocles said:
MCFC BOB said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEIDKd3MR4[/youtube]

Take your pick really, that shows his time at Ajax, Juve and some time at Inter. (6:30 is my personal favourite Ibra goal, possibly ever. The amount of skill it takes to do that is ridiculous)

This is him at Barca:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RXxc9fdtQ[/youtube]

And an early video for his Milan time:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBiPQQdPg_Q[/youtube]

He's seriously a top player. People who aren't top players don't move for the money that he does, whilst scoring the goals that he does and winning the trophies that he does.

he's an exceptional talent when he puts his mind to it.

that doesn't make him the best player in the world though.

gooney said:
lool at using youtube, alot of those games are from playing against lower league teams in Brazil. Wilshere is doing it in the PL and CL at the age of 19 not looking out of his depth against a team like Barca. He has already proven more than Ganso.

Look at the goals, the technique, ability and skill required. Doesnt matter of you are playing pub teams but to curl a ball into the top corner from outside the box over and over again while surrounded by defenders is not easy. Look at his passes his vision, his runs. You are cannot deny raw talent.

What exactly did Wilshire prove? Take a look at the stats for that match not what the pundits were saying. He had a poor game, lost the ball too many times and your team had zero shots on or off target. If thats "not looking out of his depth" then fair play to the lad. Ronaldo, Bojan, Pedro, Adriano, Balotelli, Ronaldinho are/were scoring important champions league goals at his age.

He is overhyped and for you to suggest for a second he is better than Neymar or Ganso is a travesty. He is not even the best player in your Arsenal squad let alone his rank in the Premiership as a whole.

-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:52 pm --

MCFC BOB said:

You obviously have not watched many of his games then because even Mancini and Mourhino described Ibra as one of the best if not the best strikers for creating chances for themselves. Tevez is not better than him stop it man, please. Ok we ignore his honours but he been a 20plus goals 10 plus assists player in 3 football leagues and because he has never done in the premiership he is rubbish?

Rooney scored how many in prem and couldnt even get one WC cup goal? What of Torres? These arguments have to stop comparing leagues like that it is obvious the prem is not superior to other leagues just more competitive and using your argument then Messi is not a good player as he has the Barca team behind him and Villa is one of the best strikers in the world.

This premiership arrogance has to stop. Villa was scoring goals for Valencia, he scores for Spain. Ibra scores for Sweden with a poor supporting cast. Answer me this if other leagues are so poor why is no English player in past 20 years has been able to be the best player in any of these leagues? Most have failed miserably to even adapt.

lee-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
So what? Gary Neville plays well sometimes.

As I've mentioned about 4 billion times in the past, I watch Milan as much as I watch City; go and ask Milan fans what they think of Seedorf, he's been crap for years and they can't wait to get rid.

Regarding Ibra:

Also has a 1 in 2 goal record across his whole career. There's a simple truth about Ibra; if you buy him you win the league. It's purely that simple.
yeah great record and all that but everytime iv watched him he hasn't played well atall...best striker in the world? ooook then

You haven't watched him enough then.

I suggest you judge by his record instead of judging him from however many games you saw him play in.

He's fucking class but I agree, he isn't the best striker in the world.

mcfcliam said:
lee-mcfc said:
yeah great record and all that but everytime iv watched him he hasn't played well atall...best striker in the world? ooook then

I suggest you judge by his record instead of judging him from however many games you saw him play in.

erm so yeah you have basically just agreed with what me bob and joe have said..
*facepalm*

lee-mcfc said:
mcfcliam said:

*facepalm*

You have been giving off the impression that you think he's over rated and shit...

mcfcliam said:
lee-mcfc said:
*facepalm*

You have been giving off the impression that you think he's over rated and shit...
we were talking about the statement "the best striker in the world" , i said he's been pretty shit everytime i'v watched him
just like you when you said david villa is overrated because he only scores "tap-ins" so i suggest you should take your own advice and "judge him by his record" and ill do the same with ibra , deal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.