Tour of USA - Squad

Rumours up here that Roberts isn't included. Guy on a Celtic site saying his City fanatic pal told him.

Any truth in it?

It hasn't been announced officially yet. I've heard Roberts is part of the squad, as is Joe Hart, because we've not had any 'entertainable' interest in him - but this doesn't mean he has a future with, quite the contrary in fact.

I think Pep said at the end of last season that he wanted to spend pre-season with Roberts, A Garcia and a couple of others so that he can decide what's best for them in terms of loans etc.

What a load of bollocks, although that is my opinion.

Pep has said he wants to spend time with Roberts.

That said, I do find it strange that it's not been announced yet. Couple of big names to add first? We can only hope.

I thought it was bollocks too, but the bloke who told me is usually right about this stuff. Don't shoot the messenger.

I doubt Pep would want Hart, Nasri and the others around the squad, it'd only cause distractions.

Can't see Roberts as part of our squad next season though, think he'll go on another loan. Same with Denayer - unless there is a genuine offer for him.

I thought it was bollocks due to the simple fact nobody on here was discussing the squad.

I would take Denyer and Paddy in a heartbeat if we weren't without a pot.

I hate this time of the year especially when every penny is a prisoner. Can you ask your owner if he has any brothers who would like to put a few bob our way?

Apart from family stuff nothing comes close to the mental anguish football inflicts. Not even close. :)

The jury is well and truly out on the Patrick Roberts debate... There is talk of him making the squad, back on loan to celtic, 8-10m permanent to celtic (small profit) or huddersfield taking him.

Here in Northern Ireland (big celtic following) the fans rate him highly but can we compare the standard of the SPL to the EPL? Is he a good player in an average league.

Other questions include where does he fit in with players like B. Silva, Sterling and Sane all in similar positions? Being "Young and English" do we include him just to be seen meeting the FA regulations and including "youth" in our squads like so many bygone players -delph, rodwell etc?

He does looks sharp from his social media stuff but he wasn't in any of city's social media posts today but neither was Hart, Nasri, Mangala etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.