Tourist City Fans

I think being a City fan in Ireland must be the same as being a City fan in Manchester as far as the derby
is concerned!

sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:
Does anybody think that with the new influx of Tourist City fans, that the passion and hatred we have towards United etc will be lost in a cloud of megastores, prawn sandwiches and sanatised clapping at eastlands?

As a City fan, born, bred and brought up in a City household, taken to matches from the age of 5 and a season ticket holder ever since, Iv had to run the gauntlet of rag comments for the last 38 years, I find it hard to believe that the new tourist City fan will ever understand how much I despise united and would keep my mouth shut rather than defend anything United unlike some TOURIST city fans.

methinks this is a thinly veiled dig at me. If some people want to get hung up on their hatred for another club rather than their love for MCFC, that's fine by me. Whatever yanks your chain. I prefer to focus on City to be honest. And if you measure how much of a supporter you are by how much you hate them, then all the best. It's not the way I do things.

I don't have to answer to you just because I happen to be a blue from outside the UK. If you want to keep the club to yourself you are going to be in for a rude awakening in the next couple of years.

As I said - "not a dig at you" FFS.

Its the sanitised middle class happy clapping and lack of football understanding that gets me.

Football is all about the passion - and local rivals are part of that - look at Liverpool..Everton, Arsenal...Tottenham, Newcastle...Sunderland. Without the passion there would be no football for these tourists to watch.

If you dont understand the passion of a local derby then maybe you should go and watch Cork City, im sure they have big rivals and maybe then you may understand what a local derby is all about.

powersleftfoot said:
I think being a City fan in Ireland must be the same as being a City in Manchester as far as the derby
is concerned!

some people don't get it. I've had to put up with the best part of 20 years worth of abuse from them. It's generally all in good nature. You do meet some knob-ends though.

Citytillidie69 said:
sdavros said:
methinks this is a thinly veiled dig at me. If some people want to get hung up on their hatred for another club rather than their love for MCFC, that's fine by me. Whatever yanks your chain. I prefer to focus on City to be honest. And if you measure how much of a supporter you are by how much you hate them, then all the best. It's not the way I do things.

I don't have to answer to you just because I happen to be a blue from outside the UK. If you want to keep the club to yourself you are going to be in for a rude awakening in the next couple of years.

As I said - "not a dig at you" FFS.

Its the sanitised middle class happy clapping and lack of football understanding that gets me.

Football is all about the passion - and local rivals are part of that - look at Liverpool..Everton, Arsenal...Tottenham, Newcastle...Sunderland. Without the passion there would be no football for these tourists to watch.

If you dont understand the passion of a local derby then maybe you should go and watch Cork City, im sure they have big rivals and maybe then you may understand what a local derby is all about.

Mate, come watch Munster play rugby or Limerick (my home place) play hurling against Tipp in a Munster final before you spout onto me about passion. Passion died in football the day the wage cap was broken.

If by passion you think oppossing fans shouting abuse at each other between a wall of police then you are sadly mistaken.

CitytillIdie69 said:

Check my location. This has been going on for most of the day. He's having a pop whether he admits it or not.

sdavros said:
CitytillIdie69 said:

Check my location. This has been going on for most of the day. He's having a pop whether he admits it or not.

sdavros, I actually think you are one of the better posters on here as it happens.

i hope people like me arent 'classed' as a tourist fan, having never lived in Manchester, but never knowing anything other than living, eating and sleeping City since i was 6!

before ever being born i was going to be a blue with my dad being a city fan (being born and bread in Manchester himslef but relocating) i was taken to City at 6 and thats where the rollercoaster started.

Being a city fan round here is like being born with 2 heads so ive lived the past 21 years to 'why do you support that shit?' and with every other lad round here supporting united & the other 1/3 being liverpool fans you always fee lthe outsider around here.

You think 'tourist' fans dont feel the same about united fans as 'born & bred mancunians' you are wrong we prob hate them more since the fact there has to be more united fans round here, who are self obnoxious glory hunter c*nts who think there the biggest united fans going (even tho never witnessing a games apart from motd)

You might get ridiculed by united fans when we lose the derby but at least they are actually from manchester have a reason to support them apart from all the glory whereas i have to listen to total pricks who've never been to manchester rib me for City being shit!!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.