Tragic house fire in Withington

oakiecokie

Two dead and five hurt in Manchester house fire
A man and a woman have died and five people have been injured in a blaze at a house in Manchester.

Four children, aged between 10 and 17, and a man are being treated in hospital after fire crews were called at 02:20 GMT.

The man is in a serious condition, while the conditions of three girls and a boy are not known.

A neighbour said he had heard people at the property in Parsonage Road, Withington screaming for help.

Mike Parr said he called 999 after he was woken by the fire, adding: "There was a huge amount of black smoke coming out of the house, quite a lot of flames."

_94252557_fire.jpg

Formal identification of the bodies and post-mortem examinations are yet to take place, Greater Manchester Police said.

Officers are investigating the cause of the blaze in conjunction with the fire service.

Det Insp Tony Lea said: "My thoughts are with the family of the man and woman after such a tragic incident and we have specially-trained officers supporting the family at this time."

How sad and it may be both the mother and father, but thats only my take on it as nothing has yet been confirmed.

I've been reading about this at lunch, terrible news, I live literally a stone throw from that house and walk past it almost daily. I believe it is the mother and father that have passed. My thoughts go out to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.