Train Price Hike

Apparently the train operators can hike it in line with the RPI (Retail Prices Index) cant see them going much below 3.5% if that is the case.

Getting in and out of London these days is a complete joke, allegedly 97% of all profits go back into the infrastructure, that's a load of bollocks as far as I am concerned.. !

Already cheaper for me to drive and park in Manchester than get a return ticket to Piccadilly. As for a family day out, not even worth considering which is a huge shame as the kids love the idea of the train.

Though recently I noticed that the trains on our local line have been upgraded, we now have carriages a decade old instead of three decades old. Still the compulsory brown fish in the toilet though.

Apparently the train operators can hike it in line with the RPI (Retail Prices Index) cant see them going much below 3.5% if that is the case.

Getting in and out of London these days is a complete joke, allegedly 97% of all profits go back into the infrastructure, that's a load of bollocks as far as I am concerned.. !

It is.

It goes to shareholders in dividends.

Rail privatisation is the biggest legal money laundering scan in the UK. Front line staff, trackworkers, station improvements, train maintenance are all cut year on year to improve profit and individual bonus for directors/managers.

I predict a major railway passenger incident soon which will be as big as Grenfell and it will be the staff on trial not the directors of TOCs or Network Rail.

It really is getting to the point where you go to work so you can afford to go to work. Ridiculous train fares, petrol prices, every town and city having rip off car parking etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.