Trains to London

its a Barm

I was trying to sort out a couple of days in London around the West Ham game end of Jan, just checked train ticket prices and they are £42 each way, queation is it to early to book trains at a good price or is it how much the train is to london now £85 return seems steep, plus any ideas of hotels around the area of WHU new stadium.

I was trying to sort out a couple of days in London around the West Ham game end of Jan, just checked train ticket prices and they are £42 each way, queation is it to early to book trains at a good price or is it how much the train is to london now £85 return seems steep, plus any ideas of hotels around the area of WHU new stadium.
The cheap advance tickets don't normally become available until about 12 weeks before the travel date.

If you wait until they go on sale, thirteen weeks before departure and check the prices you'll get first class for that

If you have a season card there is an extra discount on some off peak advance trains & you can often get First Class for the price of standard. www.virgintrains.com/mcfc and enter your card number. As mentioned above you need to wait until much nearer the time. An alternative is to look at buying two tickets - LondonMidland from Stoke have advance tickets to Euston for as little as £10, and a Cross Country or Virgin ticket from Manchester or Stockport to Stoke can be equally cheap. For hotels, it's worth looking at somewhere south of the river e.g. Greenwich, which will likely be a bit cheaper & public transport to Olympic Park is excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.