Transfer deadline day

Keeps him onside with the rag whords though dunnit, or at least keeps him comfy in his job.
Thank fuck all that shit is over until January.
I agree with Klopp to a degree - the UK is obsessed with transfer windows and its what managers do with players from a coaching perspective that is the most important. That is why having the greatest coach in the world in charge of MCFC is fooking brilliant. The future has never been bluer....

It is a load of shit isn't it, i watch for @TRUE BLUE NO1 and @karen7 among a few others posting as they are concise with info that concerns us directly.
I listen to a few itk's on here also but generally that's it. I watched sky sports news for the first time in 2 years today and saw this fervour they aimed to create. It became very obvious very quick this is like their sweet time for gaining watchers and popularity, like easter is to hallmark cards kinda.

I found it cheesy and unnecessary, especially as info was on the net first.

Exactly. Quinn is getting pellters for doing as he's told.
That makes him worse in my book. He's not short of a few quid so not sure why he'd take the Sky cheque in order to say stuff he doesn't believe.

Right lads I'm all set up and ready for deadline day

68ca300d944095ad4567f32143fcac73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have access to the total money spent by German clubs vs. Spanish vs. Italian vs. us? Would be very interesting.

Not just over a billion, £175m over a billion - crazy figures. I know the prem is a cash cow but something makes me regret the amount of money being spent - maybe it's because it's at the expense of the fans? Yet the profits City take from attendance and food is probably one of the smallest sources of income I think compared to all the sponsorship and TV money. I would love (for obvious reasons) our club to take a stance and bring prices down for the fans in ticketing and food/drink round the stadium and do it like the Germans. The club doesn't need that money. We need the club to stand up for the fans (safe standing too, which I think they do support).

I wonder if English clubs will start to dominate European competition in the years once the current Bayern, Real and Barca squads expire.

Transfermarket has a couple of statistics about it - in EURs

# Competition Expenditures Income Balance
gb1.png
189.png
Premier League 1,41 Bill. € 577,60 Mill. € -835,74 Mill. €
it1.png
75.png
Serie A 703,54 Mill. € 669,52 Mill. € -34,02 Mill. €
l1.png
40.png
1.Bundesliga 548,03 Mill. € 465,75 Mill. € -82,28 Mill. €
es1.png
157.png
LaLiga 472,44 Mill. € 448,90 Mill. € -23,54 Mill. €
gb2.png
189.png
Championship 247,05 Mill. € 262,12 Mill. € 15,07 Mill. €
fr1.png
50.png
Ligue 1 192,22 Mill. € 325,22 Mill. € 133,00 Mill. €

(that Mill. means billions) Source: http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transfersalden

Clubs: (you can sort it or even extend the period to more than a season)
http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/einnahmenausgaben

--------------------

I am not so sure if that big money plus the EPL has is really an advantage.

gb1.png
189.png
it1.png
75.png
l1.png
40.png
es1.png
157.png
gb2.png
189.png
fr1.png
50.png

(that Mill. means billions) Source: http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transfersalden

--------------------

I think the lack of advantage is due to the poor technical quality of English players compared to those in Germany, Spain and Italy. This seems even more apparent when looking at the current England squad and the manager we've just appointed.

Hopefully with the better technical coaching being used at clubs like City and Chelsea the financial advantage may really show itself on the field in the next 10 years or so... particularly as more clubs move from using 'big lads' and players with 'a good engine' to producing more rounded footballers where touch, movement and brains are equally desirable.

I think the lack of advantage is due to the poor technical quality of English players compared to those in Germany, Spain and Italy. This seems even more apparent when looking at the current England squad and the manager we've just appointed.

Hopefully with the better technical coaching being used at clubs like City and Chelsea the financial advantage may really show itself on the field in the next 10 years or so... particularly as more clubs move from using 'big lads' and players with 'a good engine' to producing more rounded footballers where touch, movement and brains are equally desirable.

The problem might be that the EPL clubs buy before they sell the players they need. Look at City - and with you it is the change of manager, too - and who you shipped out yesterday on loan when City still pays most of the wages. You are not the only ones.

So the advantage that should be is not as much as it is.

I do not think the clubs have a buying strategy - reminds me a lot of how Bayern handled their buys prior to van Gaal. A lot players were bought just because they were good - not because they really matched. And when coaches changed the needs changed, too.

gb1.png
189.png
it1.png
75.png
l1.png
40.png
es1.png
157.png
gb2.png
189.png
fr1.png
50.png

--------------------

Great, thanks!

Well, Serie A second biggest spenders eh with a big figure themselves - they've been pulling the wool over our eyes in past years it seems! (I take it recent Chinese investment in clubs there has enabled this besides old spending power like Juve).

In 6 years the British summer transfer window spend has gone from £365m (2010), increasingly up to £1.17bn (2016) - wow!

That makes him worse in my book. He's not short of a few quid so not sure why he'd take the Sky cheque in order to say stuff he doesn't believe.
They all do mate. Let's say he made a stand and said fuck you. One he'd never get any media work again and at the same time would never get in the swamp again. He had to toe the line,they all do,sky ,bbc and talkshite. Sold their soul for the dollar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.