Transfer deadline day

They all do mate. Let's say he made a stand and said fuck you. One he'd never get any media work again and at the same time would never get in the swamp again. He had to toe the line,they all do,sky ,bbc and talkshite. Sold their soul for the dollar.
I suppose I just find it hard to believe that somebody would be willing to sell their principles in order to remain relevent. The man is a multi millionaire, not some bloke scratching about to pay his mortgage. In that scenario I could at least understand it even if I still couldn't accept it.
I guess money really is the be all and end all to some.

The problem might be that the EPL clubs buy before they sell the players they need. Look at City - and with you it is the change of manager, too - and who you shipped out yesterday on loan when City still pays most of the wages. You are not the only ones.

So the advantage that should be is not as much as it is.

I do not think the clubs have a buying strategy - reminds me a lot of how Bayern handled their buys prior to van Gaal. A lot players were bought just because they were good - not because they really matched. And when coaches changed the needs changed, too.
As you're mentioning us directly, what we did in this window was transition from highly paid ageing footballers who had largely served their purpose here, which was getting us to the top, and we've replaced with young, hungry players who can improve, and experienced players on less money who are good at the job. It might appear a bit scatter gun, but I don't think so. The players we've got out of the club on loan, would have all been sitting on their bums doing nothing but earning high wages, and also losing value, now they will be playing, hopefully well, and are still marketable next summer, so its not as some keep saying money lost, it could in fact be money ganied. As for whether we're paying the wages, well in Hart's case we are paying quite a bit, but its clear that Pep wanted Hart away from the club, and they did their best to help Hart move. Nasri, Bony, and Mangala, it seems we're either not paying, or not paying much, so I think we've done the right thing sending them on loan, in the hope they get some form back, and we can sell them for decent money next summer.

As you're mentioning us directly, what we did in this window was transition from highly paid ageing footballers who had largely served their purpose here, which was getting us to the top, and we've replaced with young, hungry players who can improve, and experienced players on less money who are good at the job. It might appear a bit scatter gun, but I don't think so. The players we've got out of the club on loan, would have all been sitting on their bums doing nothing but earning high wages, and also losing value, now they will be playing, hopefully well, and are still marketable next summer, so its not as some keep saying money lost, it could in fact be money ganied. As for whether we're paying the wages, well in Hart's case we are paying quite a bit, but its clear that Pep wanted Hart away from the club, and they did their best to help Hart move. Nasri, Bony, and Mangala, it seems we're either not paying, or not paying much, so I think we've done the right thing sending them on loan, in the hope they get some form back, and we can sell them for decent money next summer.
yep, a players stock will never rise if he isnt playing. good move by city. i am very happy with the transfer window this summer (apart from kroos!) ;)

I just mentioned your club as I am in this forum - and I know why the club did it. But - the other teams in the EPL just do the same - even clubs like Stoke. It is not only you but a big trend.

There is a lot of smaller clubs in Europe who did very good bargains in the recent two weeks because of this. Hart might be a special story as he still is English nationalkeeper even if he might even get more attention on City's bench than when playing for Torino - but I doubt the story with e.g. Nasri or Mangala will be different next year as they are on too high wages for the rest of Europe.

Last edited:
I doubt the story with e.g. Nasri or Mangala will be different next year as they are on too high wages for the rest of Europe.
I don't agree, I think they'll be far more marketable next year, probably here in England, if they do well, where wages will be more affordable, but Spain too will showcase their skills.

If I do have a concern over loans, its more about youngsters like Denayer, who should have a club they belong to at their stage of development, and the way us and Chelsea in particular hoover up young players, develop them for a couple of years, then send players out in the hope to improve their sale price is wrong imho. The majority will never play for us, and its being done purely to earn money, and isn't much better than forced labour.

that crack head person is also proclaiming that utd and chelski have had the best transfer windows (while saying they got A+ we got a straight A according to his rating system)

he then went onto criticise all of cheslkis sighings (including re signing Luiz and the new centre half they bought were poor signings) but that they get a grade A+ purely because of the signing gof Kante from Leicester.

HE said mouhrinio had got exactly what he wanted and thats why he gets top marks

Personally with our transfer window i don't think you will be able to fully rate it for a couple of seasons yet due to no-one knowing how all the young lads will turn out (including Sane, Jesus Moreno and Zinchenko). Having said that I think the signings of Stones and Gudongan are excellent....not sure on Bravo as not seen enough of humbug we know why he was bought...just slightly worried that teams will target his lack of height but will have to wait and see

So is there a definitive list of who we actually signed including youngsters? I've looked and they only seem to list the big ones and zinchenko did we not sign 2/3 others too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.