Transfer fee inflation. Who's ruining football?

Dunno but if you read the article it does say that the average price dropped on three separate occasions so if Aguero was on one of those occasions it could explain it.

couldn't bother reading full article tbh.

Who broke the transfer record the most times in the last 20 years - and 90 million for Pogbad - 90 million for Lukaka....i think i know who!

Obviously we didn't ruine football, however we did and still do play a big part in the development of transfers and salary. Thing is, other clubs can hardly moan about it because the ones that do business with us always seems to get a great deal either selling to us or buying (as in loaning) a player from us.

UEFA with having a transfer window and all the other daft rules they have. Anyone ruined football it is them with help from the FA.

The rags. But then I blame them for the plague, the fall of the British empire, creating Jedward, the sinking of the Lusitania, my car failing its MoT, aiding and abetting Lord Lucan, and for the fact that someone somewhere has probably got toothache.

The rags. But then I blame them for the plague, the fall of the British empire, creating Jedward, the sinking of the Lusitania, my car failing its MoT, aiding and abetting Lord Lucan, and for the fact that someone somewhere has probably got toothache.
Some very good points there.

The people who are "ruining football", if anyone is, are the selling clubs. I dare say City would have been delighted to pay £25 million for Kyle Walker, but Spurs demanded more.

If it's a bad thing, then there should be a system where every player in Europe has an objective price put on him by an independent agency (one not dominated by the Rags, that is) taking into account such things as age, remaining contract length, international status and so on. It would then be illegal for a transfer fee to exceed this amount and the "owning" club would have to allow the player to speak to any club offering the price.

Of course, that will never happen. It's a free market.

Interesting but hardly surprising - of the 20 most expensive transfers 15 pre-date the Sheik's purchase of City, and 16 of the 20 are players bought either by Manchester United (6 - 7 if Lukaku is included) and Chelsea (10). This in the years United were busy developing young, British talent and Chelsea never broke even once. But the playing field was level then.

Interesting but hardly surprising - of the 20 most expensive transfers 15 pre-date the Sheik's purchase of City, and 16 of the 20 are players bought either by Manchester United (6 - 7 if Lukaku is included) and Chelsea (10). This in the years United were busy developing young, British talent and Chelsea never broke even once. But the playing field was level then.
Ad yet we're the scapegoat. Amazing how these pundit's seem to know the most intricate s**t about players when they are commentating on games, but can't be arsed to get their facts straight when it comes to the transfer market and who is really ruining the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.