Transfer fees

For all the relevance that transfer fees have to the average fan we may as well quote them in Matabele Gumbo Beads or Star Wars Galactic Credits, it's not money as we know it.

Transfer fees are merely there to beat other fans of other clubs with. I'll be using it to bash united fans from here to the moon with, but they won't care. They bashed us for our spending, but I didn't care. I'll bash the only Chelsea fan I know if they spend £75m on Lukaku and I'm sure I'll get the piss taken out of me if we spend £50m on Stones. Nobody cares though at the end of the day, it has become that nonsensical that the figures are just nothing more than bait for rival fans to use. The real money being exchanged May aswell be Monopoly money, it's that insignificant.

I can give it out, so I'll take it too. That's football rivalry.

Wouldn't anyone agree the biggest part of a players fee is decided when he is being sold by, or end his career with the club that signed him?
I mean if we pay 50mill for Stones we clearly overpay based on where he stands in today's market. If he flops and leave as in Savic or Nastasic it's absolutely money thrown away. As when he stays for 8plus years and becomes a Terry like figure he will represent a bargain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.