Transfer fees

Would Pep have been happy to sign Lescott though is the question , surely ?

I dnot think he will, and judging from our reported lower offer of Stones in the past and this lengthening of this transfer, I don't think we are that jubilant of buying him for £50m either.

Surely the point is not whether anyone on this forum wants Player A or Player B the point is that our manager does and that should be what the discussion is about

Trying to compare Stones and Lescott is ludicrous. Pep, by all accounts, wants Stones therefore we can discuss the merits of Stones and how and if he would improve our squad but what is totally irrelevent is whether we pay £20m, £30m or £50m

Now if by paying £50m that would stop the purchase of other players that might be a discussion to be had but it isnt as the money men know who they want to get for the manager and they know what they want to pay and how much money they have got so as long as they are happy we should be too

Surely the point is not whether anyone on this forum wants Player A or Player B the point is that our manager does and that should be what the discussion is about

Trying to compare Stones and Lescott is ludicrous. Pep, by all accounts, wants Stones therefore we can discuss the merits of Stones and how and if he would improve our squad but what is totally irrelevent is whether we pay £20m, £30m or £50m

Now if by paying £50m that would stop the purchase of other players that might be a discussion to be had but it isnt as the money men know who they want to get for the manager and they know what they want to pay and how much money they have got so as long as they are happy we should be too

It's been discussed to death in the John Stones thread of which my contribution to it is that he has been error prone. This thread which is about transfer fees, rightly discusses about transfers fees and the justifications for and against it.

It's been discussed to death in the John Stones thread of which my contribution to it is that he has been error prone. This thread which is about transfer fees, rightly discusses about transfers fees and the justifications for and against it.

But the thread was started about people moaning about the cost, no ?

The justification for the fee is that the manager wants the player and we have to pay whatever the selling club will accept

But the thread was started about people moaning about the cost, no ?

And so it should be a discussion about the cost. Obviously some people moan about the cost for different reasons. Mine if it was considered a moan was that the deal is better if it were split into an initial fee and subsequent performance addon. I never said Stones will not be a £50m player. But we should be more shrewd, and I think the club has been so far, in asking a test drive of what we are buying, to see if the errors are attributed to everton's system as many believe it to be, or is an individual flaw that we need to address in a season, maybe two seasons, five seasons. We bought an almost £40m Mangala. We wasted the whole of last transfer window sorting out the deal and third party distractions. But here we are trying to get another CB because the one we valued at £40m last year is underperforming.

And so it should be a discussion about the cost. Obviously some people moan about the cost for different reasons. Mine if it was considered a moan was that the deal is better if it were split into an initial fee and subsequent performance addon. I never said Stones will not be a £50m player. But we should be more shrewd, and I think the club has been so far, in asking a test drive of what we are buying, to see if the errors are attributed to everton's system as many believe it to be, or is an individual flaw that we need to address in a season, maybe two seasons, five seasons. We bought an almost £40m Mangala. We wasted the whole of last transfer window sorting out the deal and third party distractions. But here we are trying to get another CB because the one we valued at £40m last year is underperforming.

How do you know that City dont structure there deals as you suggested?

What is shrewd? Pep says get me Stones so Everton say he will cost £50m do we say well some of our fans only think he is worth £20m so that is what we will offer. Everton say we couldnt give a f**k we want £50m. What do City do tell Pep he aint coming or do they pay the money?

I see what you're saying, but you're asking for a re structuring of transfers.
That ain't never going to happen. We have to pay what the selling clubs deem value.
I know we can negotiate/haggle on the price as much as we can. But that's it.
It like going into Asda and saying their bananas are well fucking dear. You know the answer,
well pay the price or you ain't getting them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.