Traveling from the states

All you fans wanting to get your hands on tickets join Cityzen Matchday today and have access to any home game ticket immediately (Cityzen Matchday ticket exclusivity ends 26th July). Here is the link

https://tickets.mancity.com/login.aspx

Adults pay £35 membership fee but receive a £5 discount on a match day ticket

Does it get any better??

I would love for this to work - problem is I will only be there for the Liverpool game and even as a Cityzen Matchday member, it still will only let you purchase tickets for that game if you have previously attended a home game. So while I'm finding this process a bit frustrating, I guess I'm still going to have to explore other options. Maybe it's worth contacting the club as Mad Eyed Screamer suggested.

As an FYI/follow up I did contact the club to see if there were any options for someone in my position for the Liverpool match and was was basically told "sorry, try to get tickets to a different match." They also mentioned buying hospitality tickets thru Viagogo.

The club also strongly recommended not using Stubhub or similar sites, saying they sell fraudulent tickets.

So, it looks like at the moment I'm flat out of luck as far as getting tickets to attend the match. Catching a match is the sole reason we are going to be in Manchester, but thankfully not the only reason for the travel over from the States.

As an FYI/follow up I did contact the club to see if there were any options for someone in my position for the Liverpool match and was was basically told "sorry, try to get tickets to a different match." They also mentioned buying hospitality tickets thru Viagogo.

The club also strongly recommended not using Stubhub or similar sites, saying they sell fraudulent tickets.

So, it looks like at the moment I'm flat out of luck as far as getting tickets to attend the match. Catching a match is the sole reason we are going to be in Manchester, but thankfully not the only reason for the travel over from the States.
you will get 2. don't over spend.

Any suggestions for someone coming over from the States to getting tickets for the September 9 match against Liverpool? My wife and I are coming over for a trip the week before and will be in Manchester that weekend and really would like to make this our first Premier League experience. In looking to buy directly from the City site, it seems like snagging general tickets through them is unlikely - in fact, the site even says that you to buy General Sale tickets you must "have previously attended a first team home match at the Etihad Stadium prior to 1st June, 2017." So, I'm trying to figure out the best option and any guidance would be appreciated. Should I be looking at places like Stubhub and similar sites (although the Stubhub tickets currently for sale say they can only ship within the UK)? Again, any advice/pointer would really help.

Follow Mad Eyed Screamer's advice and you will get two tickets for the game. Please don't pay daft touts' / agency prices.

My wife and I are planning a trip to England in September and I would like to see a City game. I'm planning on trying to get tickets through the club's site on the 24th (not wanting to pay the £35 for the early sale); does anyone know what time they go on sale? I'm in Canada so there's a six hour time difference. From reading this thread it sounds like the Liverpool match will be difficult to buy tickets to so maybe I will try for the Palace game instead. would like to make it up to Manchester. Any tips or info is appreciated. First post on this forum as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I are planning a trip to England in September and I would like to see a City game. I'm planning on trying to get tickets through the club's site on the 24th (not wanting to pay the £35 for the early sale); does anyone know what time they go on sale? I'm in Canada so there's a six hour time difference. From reading this thread it sounds like the Liverpool match will be difficult to buy tickets to so maybe I will try for the Palace game instead. would like to make it up to Manchester. Any tips or info is appreciated. First post on this forum as well!
hi. welcome to the forum . I hope you have a great trip. there may be a few palace tickets around but ticket sales for aways are not permitted on here until they have sold out by the club.

Hello, I'm not sure if this "ticket" forum is the right one for this question -- if not, my apologies. I am traveling from the States as well and am looking at tickets for myself and my son. I see some seats in 138 and in 117 -- which are on the "short side" of the field (behind the goals, off to the side). The seats are in row "C" which is the 6th row. I've only been to the Etihad for games twice (great atmosphere!) and never sat on the short side. Are those pretty good seats? Too low -- so you can't get perspective? Thanks for any advice...
Go City.

Hello, I'm not sure if this "ticket" forum is the right one for this question -- if not, my apologies. I am traveling from the States as well and am looking at tickets for myself and my son. I see some seats in 138 and in 117 -- which are on the "short side" of the field (behind the goals, off to the side). The seats are in row "C" which is the 6th row. I've only been to the Etihad for games twice (great atmosphere!) and never sat on the short side. Are those pretty good seats? Too low -- so you can't get perspective? Thanks for any advice...
Go City.

Hi Hanover Blue. 117 is in the South Stand and there is usually a decent atmosphere in there. Tue fans stand in that Block all game. I am not sure about 138.

Which game are you homing to?

My friend and I are coming this fall, we are looking for a REAL football experience. Getting piss drunk before the game, maybe a friendly gentlemens duel, etc any suggestions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.