Trevor Sinclair

Try telling that to the families of victims of drunk drivers...
My driving instructor always said a car is also a weapon deadly in the wrong hands..

But you cant simplfy it like that, are you saying all victims, i.e including those whose parked and unattended car was brushed and had a taillight damage by a drunk driver ? How does jail punish Sinclair ? and if it does why only 2 months, why not 12, that will make him think twice. I agree with tshirtman, make him spend his weekends doing community work.

I think the easiest and simplest way is zero tolerance on drink driving then everyone would know where they stand, none of this “o I’ll just have a couple I’ll be ok”. If your driving don’t touch it and it’s job done. IMO.

Edit. The deterrent isn’t big enough either. Huge fine and minimum ban of say 5 years , maybe even 10 years. Think that would stop a lot of it .

But zero tolerance isn’t simple or fair. Someone who had two pints the night before is perfectly capable of driving. Let’s say you did that and had an emergency the next day. Would you happily accept a ban? And then we have the example of a rag drinking a shandy...but it might equally be a Blue.

But zero tolerance isn’t simple or fair. Someone who had two pints the night before is perfectly capable of driving. Let’s say you did that and had an emergency the next day. Would you happily accept a ban? And then we have the example of a rag drinking a shandy...but it might equally be a Blue.

Takes around 2 hours for the average person to get rid of a pint so next day you would be fine. A third of all drink drivers are caught next day so having a couple the night before you drive to work next day won’t affect you .have 5 or 6 your asking for it.

So basically in your eyes multiple offenders 3-4-5 or 6 times. No jail. Great stuff.

Now i did notice you say its crazy as folk can be slightly over aft a pint. Fair do's although still a ****s trick.

So whats your take of someone being absolutely fuckin legless behind a wheel, Lets say 7 times over the limit. Now if they killed someone they'd be doing some porridge for manslaughter. To me the ****s that far over even if not hitting someone should be done for attempted manslaughter.
Everyone to his own mate. I don't agree with you, but it's a free country - we're all entitled to our opinions.

EDIT: This is the sort of shit I'd send people to prison for:

Last edited:
But you cant simplfy it like that, are you saying all victims, i.e including those whose parked and unattended car was brushed and had a taillight damage by a drunk driver ? How does jail punish Sinclair ? and if it does why only 2 months, why not 12, that will make him think twice. I agree with tshirtman, make him spend his weekends doing community work.

He knew he shouldn't have been driving whilst drunk that's why he fled the scene so with that in mind what picking up a bit of litter will do preventing him doing it again I don't know...
That granny shagger should've done time also...

Everyone to his own mate. I don't agree with you, but it's a free country - we're all entitled to our opinions.

Well tbh you never really answered the question abt being 6-7 times over the limit. So I'm just taking it they can do this numerous times and your position is still no prison time?

Last edited:
I had about ten pints Friday night at our works do. Was rough on Saturday and went on line to work out of i was safe to drive to the game. Almost 17.5 hours after my last pint I worked out I would probably still be over the limit so missed the game.

Not worth taking a chance. Not for the ban but could never forgive myself if I killed someone.

So basically in your eyes multiple offenders 3-4-5 or 6 times. No jail. Great stuff.

Now i did notice you say its crazy as folk can be slightly over aft a pint. Fair do's although still a ****s trick.

So whats your take of someone being absolutely fuckin legless behind a wheel, Lets say 7 times over the limit. Now if they killed someone they'd be doing some porridge for manslaughter. To me the ****s that far over even if not hitting someone should be done for attempted manslaughter.

Attempted manslaughter? how do you attempt to not deliberately kill someone?

Well tbh you never really answered the question abt being 6-7 times over the limit. So I'm just taking it they can do this numerous times and your position is still no prison time?

No, because you'd be driving whilst disqualified and then you'd get jail anyway, well before the 7th time.

I've made my position clear though: drink driving should not imo be an offence for which you go to prison, unless and only unless in very exceptional circumstances. And definitely not just because you had 1 glass of wine too many. Absolutely, definitely, emphatically not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.