True Legends

I'm only going to include five players I've seen live in this lifetime who I consider to be club" legends as in their contributions to the City cause...
Would've been great to have seen Colin Bell in his Prime.

David Silva
Yaya
Vincent Kompany
Sergio Aguero
Pablo Zabaleta
Weird that Kolarov, Clichy, Nasri and Dzeko were there for both title wins (anyone else?) yet never come up in threads like this.

Barry? De Jong? Balo? (milner can piss off)

I still say for 2 seasons Tevez was as good a player as I've seen play for us along with Silva and Toure but understand some not having him as a legend but Toure being left out baffles me

Weird that Kolarov, Clichy, Nasri and Dzeko were there for both title wins (anyone else?) yet never come up in threads like this.

Barry? De Jong? Balo? (milner can piss off)
Nige is one of my favourite ever City players, yet I don't consider him to be a "legend"

Yes he made a significant contribution but other factors such as longetivity play a role and that's why the likes of Zabs in my list over NDJ.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya and Kompany are recent legends for have they have elevated the club to where they are now. I did some research on the Welsh players who have played for City and Roy Paul, Roy Clarke and Billy Meredith were names that cropped up a lot.

In all honesty I couldn't pick just 5 of the players I've seen playing for City since I have been going.
I guess it gets even harder for supporters who have been watching us for 70 years or more.
Even choosing just 5 from the last 10 years is nigh on impossible...who misses out from Zabba Vinnie Yaya Merlin Kun Nige Joe Tevez Barry Dzeko and no laughing please Nasri Kolarov.
They have all contributed hugely to our success in the years they were here.
Then how can we leave out the Goat Dickov Dunney Morrison Kinky etc from when we were shit.
An impossible task even not mentioning the players from the 60s and 70s and the team that best the scum 5-1.
Easier to pick a few twats who would never be legends. Danny fucking Mills. Mcpointy Simon Tracey. Quinn ( because of his constant negativity about us).

I still say for 2 seasons Tevez was as good a player as I've seen play for us along with Silva and Toure but understand some not having him as a legend but Toure being left out baffles me
+1

Tevez was basically undroppable for the first 2 seasons or so. By far our best player, IMO.

It sickened me to see Mancini being forced - IMO - to suck up to Tevez after his refusing to play. Management should have backed Mancini to the hilt even if it meant forcing Tevez to see out his contract playing for the youth side.
=====
So, it's not clear what a city "legend" is - if it means that a player needs to leave on good terms - cross Tevez out. Otherwise, Tevez for sure is a legend - he was one of the best players we ever signed - and one of the biggest nut cases too.

Last edited:
Wether they has legend status or not the impact both Gerry Gow (RIP)and Andy Morrison had even though they didnt play shed full of games cannot be understated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.