Tuchel Sacked

We should go for him. Get Fraudiola out.
I suspect that this post is a bit of a troll - if so, you've got me :-) But here goes...

Pep plays exciting, attacking football. If you like lots of goals scored, pretty passing, and an aggressive win-the-ball-back-quickly offense, you ought to like Pep.

Pep's defensive philosophy is primarily win-the-ball-back-quickly if we lose it, keep the ball when we have it. If they don't have it, they won't score. This philosophy continues all the way back to the keeper - who must be composed on the ball. We lost Joe Hart for this reason who had an excellent season last but who did not meet Pep's expectations with regard to keeper on-the-ball skills. This understandably alienated many fans - and this wasn't helped by Bravo's complete melt-down - arguably worse than Cassias' or Ceasar's - world class to total shit in one season.
==========
From my perspective, Pep did a bit better than I thought he would his first year in the PL.

He took over an aging squad who could not counter-press for the full 90 as he desired and who could not retain the ball to his standards. But he played his style of football anyway for the most part, compromising a bit at the end to guarantee a CL spot.

Along the way we saw glimpses of Pep's pretty football style - unsustainable though given the problems with our squad - aging, lack of quality in both fullbacks, lack of depth when needing to rotate players or needing replacements due to injury, screwed in that we didn't get our first choice CB who agreed to sign for us and then backed out plus Kompany's continued injury problems, further screwed by Bravo's meltdown.
==========
Next season is the acid test - he's now got the chance to reshape the entire squad to his liking. 2nd at worst in the PL is what I expect; winning our group in the CL and then beating our opponent in the round of 16. Along with a strong push in the FA cup.

Still, we might not win anything next year either - but so long as we're progressing I'm satisfied.

In the 3rd year, Pep must win something and continue advancing the team.

Switching managers after 1 year - especially if the team does not at all fit his style - is simply going to produce poor results and manager churn.
============
As for Tuchel - a hugely talented manager, who also plays attractive football, but who cannot get along at all with upper management whenever there's disagreement - he's far more corrosive than even Mancini was.

Tuchel can only succeed in a side where either he has total control over his side, including final say in all signings/sellings, or is in a side with cooperative ownership and if Tuchel isn't in total control, a cooperative director.

Tuchel now over Pep would be a disaster.

Last edited:
I suspect that this post is a bit of a troll - if so, you've got me :-) But here goes...

Pep plays exciting, attacking football. If you like lots of goals scored, pretty passing, and an aggressive win-the-ball-back-quickly offense, you ought to like Pep.

Pep's defensive philosophy is primarily win-the-ball-back-quickly if we lose it, keep the ball when we have it. If they don't have it, they won't score. This philosophy continues all the way back to the keeper - who must be composed on the ball. We lost Joe Hart for this reason who had an excellent season last but who did not meet Pep's expectations with regard to keeper on-the-ball skills. This understandably alienated many fans - and this wasn't helped by Bravo's complete melt-down - arguably worse than Cassias' or Ceasar's - world class to total shit in one season.
==========
From my perspective, Pep did a bit better than I thought he would his first year in the PL.

He took over an aging squad who could not counter-press for the full 90 as he desired and who could not retain the ball to his standards. But he played his style of football anyway for the most part, compromising a bit at the end to guarantee a CL spot.

Along the way we saw glimpses of Pep's pretty football style - unsustainable though given the problems with our squad - aging, lack of quality in both fullbacks, lack of depth when needing to rotate players or needing replacements due to injury, screwed in that we didn't get our first choice CB who agreed to sign for us and then backed out plus Kompany's continued injury problems, further screwed by Bravo's meltdown.
==========
Next season is the acid test - he's now got the chance to reshape the entire squad to his liking. 2nd at worst in the PL is what I expect; winning our group in the CL and then beating our opponent in the round of 16. Along with a strong push in the FA cup.

Still, we might not win anything next year either - but so long as we're progressing I'm satisfied.

In the 3rd year, Pep must win something and continue advancing the team.

Switching managers after 1 year - especially if the team does not at all fit his style - is simply going to produce poor results and manager churn.
============
As for Tuchel - a hugely talented manager, who also plays attractive football, but who cannot get along at all with upper management whenever there's disagreement - he's far more corrosive than even Mancini was.

Tuchel can only succeed in a side where either he has total control over his side, including final say in all signings/sellings, or is in a side with cooperative ownership and if Tuchel isn't in total control, a cooperative director.

Tuchel now over Pep would be a disaster.
45 minutes for someone to bite. Disappointing.

tumblr_m2ymgbJiWa1qfqcmfo1_500.gif

You expected no pots and somewhere below third? Failure to qualify for the CL on top of that would ultimately have led to his dismissal.

Tuchel is a great coach. Borussia Dortmund have been a selling club for years and I think he's best of taking his enthusiasm elsewhere. I just don't want to see RB Leipzig progress any further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.