Turkey Shoots Down War Jet on Syrian Border

Isn't the fact that in effect this was bound to happen? So many aircraft from so many countries flying around somebody was going to shoot something down. And Dave wants our planes in there !!?? Fuck me we lose a plane and 25% of the RAF is gone !!
Turkey won't shoot down another NATO jet, plus we probably wouldn't be moronic enough to ignore 10 warnings

Turkey won't shoot down another NATO jet, plus we probably wouldn't be moronic enough to ignore 10 warnings

Really? what happens when Turkis backed militia armed with US A/A missiles don't issue 10 warnings? You have hundreds of sorties being flown by different combatants over areas controlled by govt/rebel/ISIS controlled land all of them armed with all sorts of ordinance this will happen again and probably again.

If Turkey were actually fighting against ISIS, it wouldn't have shot down an ally in that fight. Moreover, if NATO were actually fighting against ISIS, it wouldn't have rolled over so easily and defended Turkey.

This incident lays bare the truth of the matter — that NATO is far more interested in eliminating Assad and weakening Russia than it is in fighting ISIS.
The Russians were bombing Turkmen, not ISIS.

The "Turkmen", it's like something out the Lord of the Rings with all these different ethnic groups. There are many different Turkmen militias, including one that is allied to the Kurds. This particular branch of Turkmen are part of the Alwiya al-Ashar group which belong to the al Nusra front. Moderates there not. I am increasingly finding myself to be more and more pro Russian and anti Turkish, even before this whole debacle. I personally feel this needs to be quickly resolved because it could have grave consequences for the whole region.

The Turkish need to put their misgivings about the Kurds aside and start doing something constructive. They are petrified of anyone or anything empowering the Kurds and therefore I really don't think they care much about ISIS. I don't think they are supporting them but they don't mind at all that they are encroaching on the Kurds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.