Turkey to stop teaching evolution to kids

To be fair I didn't think it would be possible for a Turkey to teach anything to kids, let alone evolution.

Do they teach it here?

Well they did when I went to school 20 odd years ago, and that was a catholic school, was in history and biology lessons.

Scientific knowledge has advanced enough to prove we have as a species along with other animals have evlolved for tens of thousands to millions of years, to stop teaching such a basic fact on a national scale is ridiculous.

Well they did when I went to school 20 odd years ago, and that was a catholic school, was in history and biology lessons.

Scientific knowledge has advanced enough to prove we have as a species along with other animals have evlolved for tens of thousands to millions of years, to stop teaching such a basic fact on a national scale is ridiculous.
Very much this. We have more evidence of evolution than we do of the theory of heliocentricity.

It's simply scientific fact.

Having said that, Turkey are now sending us cheap poultry so I can take it.

I wonder how that will go down with their desire to be part of the E.U or do they still even care about that?

They've been trying since the 80's and are further away than ever.

Erdogan is determined to turn the country into a hard-line, Islamic country like what happened to Iran.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.