Turnstiles Broke! Massives Queues Outside The Ground

Speeding up the service will just encourage a few to drink lots more. It's simply impossible to service thousands with one pint in such a short space of time. It's baffling that people expect to go up on the whistle, get a pint, have a chat and get back for kick off.

Very true. They have to cater for a pre match peak in the 30 mins before KO and then a mad scamble at half time. Unless there's some massive technological change in the way that beer and food are dispensed, the service will never satisfy people.

Very true. They have to cater for a pre match peak in the 30 mins before KO and then a mad scamble at half time. Unless there's some massive technological change in the way that beer and food are dispensed, the service will never satisfy people.

They had these on trial somewhere in the ground: http://bottomsupbeer.com/howitworks

It's not just technology - the staff and systems a poorly organized.

They had these on trial somewhere in the ground: http://bottomsupbeer.com/howitworks

It's not just technology - the staff and systems a poorly organized.

I remember them. Spilt half a pint down my shirt when I inadvertenly touched the thingummyjig on the base.

I'm sure they could improve the process. But the improvements would be fairly marginal. They're unlikely to satisfy all of the fans who want to buy a pint at half time and not miss any of the game.

We should follow the japanese lead and install beer vening machines runing round the concourses

vendingmachinejapan.jpg

or the draft serve like baseball teams have trialled

inuse1.png

inuse2.png

I remember them. Spilt half a pint down my shirt when I inadvertenly touched the thingummyjig on the base.

I'm sure they could improve the process. But the improvements would be fairly marginal. They're unlikely to satisfy all of the fans who want to buy a pint at half time and not miss any of the game.

This video was posted a few pages back. It would at least be a start.

3 people doing that continuously at the back of each bar from 10 mins before HT would have the queues cleared in no time.

Has the reason for the turnstile issue been mentioned one here or anywhere else ? Thread seems to have become about beer and bar staff.

Regarding the security checks - I walked up to the gate - spoke to the guy doing the checks and I was inside the ground in 50 seconds.
This was for the Bournemouth game.
I said :"you cannot scan me - I have a pacemaker". To be truthful he was flummoxed and said "OK mate".
I went through the turnstile.

Speeding up the service will just encourage a few to drink lots more. It's simply impossible to service thousands with one pint in such a short space of time. It's baffling that people expect to go up on the whistle, get a pint, have a chat and get back for kick off.

Well, all I can say is that I managed it ok at Wembley - their speed pour system seems to work fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.