TV Fixtures 2016/17

In the days before widespread TV coverage and companies cocking their noses at fans ..........................

In March 1967 I drove from Manchester to Ipswich (on my own) for the FA Cup Replay - 7:30pm kick-off - (which we won 3-0). I met a fellow fan at the game and learned he was looking for a lift back to Manchester and boy was I glad of his company - talking about City with him kept me awake as I'm sure I'd have nodded off on my own. There weren't too many motorways in those days!!

Nice story and I understand what you're trying to say. But even today you are able to drive to an away game by yourself and end up driving back with another Cityfans next to you.

In 1967 living where I was and still am, I had to hope to get a clear signal from my transistor radio to get the final result. Now I can watch every match on telly or laptop.

However I do prefer the ride down.

Bournemouth on a Monday night. Dear me, disgrace.

This is their business model though. They'll be thinking that fans can't be arsed travelling all that way on a Monday, and will watch it on the telly instead. Bigger audience means they can charge more for the adverts. And it is a disgrace.

This is their business model though. They'll be thinking that fans can't be arsed travelling all that way on a Monday, and will watch it on the telly instead. Bigger audience means they can charge more for the adverts. And it is a disgrace.
I agree it's a disgrace that a TV company has chosen Bournemouth vs City for a Monday night fixture, but it will only add (at most) 1,000 viewers. That won't make any difference at all to their advertising revenues, so I doubt it's their motivation for moving the game.

Over the years I wounder how many loyal fans have been seriously injured or worse travelling home at silly o'clock because of stupid scheduling such as this for games on TV ?

Well done SKY you bunch on inconsiderate WA**ERS

I bet if you were a lorry driver and did this trip and had an accident you would be arrested, even if it was in 'normal' travelling time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.