TV Games - Dec/Jan

I’ve just checked the fixtures and you’ll never believe this but…everyone in the league plays everyone else. Twice. Home and away. All between the same grounds. All travelling to the exact same places as one another. Corruption at its utter worst.
so smart arse how is it its only city fans traipsing all over the country when public transport is minimal? every fucking year I might add

There is one iissue (well apart from that we're not playing Schalke ;o) ), the West Ham home game is now 3 days before Shaktar Away, and also the latest possible kick off time on a Sunday, shit for fans going to Ukraine, and shit for the staff and players, who will have little recovery time, lets hope we don't need to win there.

That is true.

But I think we could play this team v west ham if Shakhtar is a game we need aresult

Ederson, Danilo, stones, mangala, delph
Yaya
Bernardo Ilkey
Sterling, Jesus Zinchenko (or foden)

Resting (or having on bench) Sergio, kev, silva, Otter, walker, sane, ferdy

and still beat west ham the way they are at present.

We have a decent squad and with the fixtures coming every 3 days we are gonna have to start using them at some point.

Last edited:
so smart arse how is it its only city fans traipsing all over the country when public transport is minimal? every fucking year I might add
Don’t talk bollocks Bill. Newcastle had to travel to Southampton last Sunday. Everton to Brighton same day. Every team will have “nightmare” fixtures. By dint of fact we’re at or near top of league, involved in euro football, go deep into cups, we’re much more likely to have to travel on Sundays / Mondays. Talk of an agenda, of something to stop City is utterly laughable. Your post about burgers makes me think you’ve been adding angel-dust to your own.

Don’t talk bollocks Bill. Newcastle had to travel to Southampton last Sunday. Everton to Brighton same day. Every team will have “nightmare” fixtures. By dint of fact we’re at or near top of league, involved in euro football, go deep into cups, we’re much more likely to have to travel on Sundays / Mondays. Talk of an agenda, of something to stop City is utterly laughable. Your post about burgers makes me think you’ve been adding angel-dust to your own.

There’s a fair few things that we can be suspicious about with regards to possible agendas but I can’t see any issues here. As you say, every club and set of fans will get fucked over by the TV companies this season. Christmas is the busiest time of the year fixture-wise and the way Sky/BT like to stagger the TV fixtures so that there’s a game on virtually every day over the festive period means there will be shit loads of collateral damage.
While it’s quite shit for a lot of us fans, I actually think that the team have a better set of fixtures than pretty much every other club with Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace, and Watford between 23rd Dec and early Jan. Surely we can’t be skriking about that?

There’s a fair few things that we can be suspicious about with regards to possible agendas but I can’t see any issues here. As you say, every club and set of fans will get fucked over by the TV companies this season. Christmas is the busiest time of the year fixture-wise and the way Sky/BT like to stagger the TV fixtures so that there’s a game on virtually every day over the festive period means there will be shit loads of collateral damage.
While it’s quite shit for a lot of us fans, I actually think that the team have a better set of fixtures than pretty much every other club with Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace, and Watford between 23rd Dec and early Jan. Surely we can’t be skriking about that?
Those fixtures you quote, as has been proven countless times, net City, when compared to other clubs, the least amount of money on Wagon Wheels. Scandalous

ha ha how did you guess.

last Sunday v new years eve offers very different travel options. they are at it mate. just like when we played Swansea away on new years day... with a noon K.O. disgraceful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.