TV Games - Dec/Jan

so what about the previous 4 years of being away at new year, or all the recent boxing day aways ? are they "bad luck" as well ? cos whilst we are away the rags are at home. now due to the rule that they force fans to attend I think the swamp will be pretty full. the takings on the gate, burgers, shirts etc would be enormous. we get fuck all , in fact it's quite expensive for everyone at Manchester city to complete the fixtures.no problem as we not skint but when we do prop up the club we get hit with ffp. the fans of courde get no help. its the most corrupt sport out there, its only a matter of time before they get caught.

I hope you put blinkers on your xmas list.
honestly mate match day revenue is now less than 5% of our turnover!

Tbf scousers on boxing day being moved to a 17:30 kick off never mind it being on boxing day is a pain in the arse for them
Personally really like the 17:30 kick offs, not able to drink like I used to, it's ideal, couple of pre match beers, match, post match beers, home, bed, what's not to like?

Personally really like the 17:30 kick offs, not able to drink like I used to, it's ideal, couple of pre match beers, match, post match beers, home, bed, what's not to like?

A good point, well made.
In fact, a plan I shall follow in precise detail for the Spurs match

That may well be, but my point that for liverpool getting to swansea on boxing day is a pain in arse and 17:30 even worse for the journey home

Not having a Boxing Day game is shit. I'm not religious, but fuck Sky for messing with tradition.
Think of it as extending the holiday. Get to watch the games on Boxing Day and then ya the following day.

3 away games in 7 days,one CL and one derby,that does not happen by accident imo

December is the busiest time of the year fixtures-wise so you’re akways going to get anomalies like that. If we do our job in the next 2 CL games, it’ll be a dead rubber against Shakhtar anyway so a chance to rotate more ahead of the derby.

By the way, United are currently on a run of 4 away games in the space of 10 days. One a CL game and another against Liverpool so I don’t see what your point is.

Just booked the Jury's Inn £92 between 3 of us for the night before game.

5c214e0c91a3300c112ffe7bd8d36c5a.jpg
Very nice but we are not as posh down this way lol

am i right in saying that we use to play a game on boxing day then one 2/3 days later against teams from the North West/Yorkshire?
Not always, I still remember setting off at around 5-30am on Boxing Day for a local derby at Southampton (noon KO) in 1990-ish.

There's an easy way to avoid all this congestion - finish 8th and get knocked out of the Cups at the first time of asking. Sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.