TV Licence

I read about the WiFi vans which raised some concerns from me. My business is in IT and having looked further, the BBC were implying they can tell if you are watching live stream over the internet...hmm.

For a start, i'm not sure how many "Acts" they would be breaking doing this, i'll take it the Wifi vans are about as original as the detector vans. Look further and they state the vans packet sniff which clearly does not hold anything in court to suggest you are watching a live broadcast, you could be downloading updates.

It still bugged me that the BBC get away with such scare mongering. Dealing direct through my business with Ofcom (who will be their regulator soon) i asked the question last week. Its all about how many complaints will come in before they would take action which is understandable.

They were given permission by the government I think; in essence to packet sniff. Good luck doing that if someone is using an Ethernet connection though lol

I read about the WiFi vans which raised some concerns from me. My business is in IT and having looked further, the BBC were implying they can tell if you are watching live stream over the internet...hmm.

For a start, i'm not sure how many "Acts" they would be breaking doing this, i'll take it the Wifi vans are about as original as the detector vans. Look further and they state the vans packet sniff which clearly does not hold anything in court to suggest you are watching a live broadcast, you could be downloading updates.

It still bugged me that the BBC get away with such scare mongering. Dealing direct through my business with Ofcom (who will be their regulator soon) i asked the question last week. Its all about how many complaints will come in before they would take action which is understandable.

They were given permission by the government I think; in essence to packet sniff. Good luck doing that if someone is using an Ethernet connection though lol

just to add, no one ever up to date has been taken to court and prosecuted on the strength of technology picking up and proving the so called signal, hand held devices are more common but the detector vans do still exist, i remember the old advert from the 70s and it was debatable if those vans had any equipment in the back at all, as far as snooping on your internet they have not got legal clout to go rooting about on your hard drive and never will and the same applies to snooping on incoming signals within your phone cables, there is something like 4 million people in this country now refusing to pay this 'tax' and the number is growing at quite an alarming rate,the BBC will have no choice but to scramble their services by 2020

I'm just asking for a bit of advice. I don't have a licence and after several reminders of which I have not replied to, I have received a letter stating that an officer is going to be visiting my property. At the bottom of the letter, it tells me about the 'enforcement process' with parts in red ink. Do I now need to get one now or is it basically just a frightener.

I'm just asking for a bit of advice. I don't have a licence and after several reminders of which I have not replied to, I have received a letter stating that an officer is going to be visiting my property. At the bottom of the letter, it tells me about the 'enforcement process' with parts in red ink. Do I now need to get one now or is it basically just a frightener.

Frightner. When they knock on and identify who they are (capita services are the sub contractor to do the door to door) just politely say 'i do not wish to talk about this thanks' and they will leave. Just do not answer their questions about any viewing habits, answer nothing in fact.

just buy the licence mate. It's pennies everyday you tight fucker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.