TV Series

Doesn’t mean anything with Netflix, Mindhunter was superb but they canned that, was listening to
which I’ve just found it’s great for insights into the entertainment industry and Richard Osman on one episode delves into how Netflix are now run trying to maximise profits and spend less on original programming and buying up older things cheap and people are watching them instead. Highly recommend the podcast by the way, I’m making my way through the back catalogue at the moment.

Yeah, I've seen Osman recently talking about Hollywood, but can't remember how I picked it up! Good find, though, thanks!

Going back a touch, I think Netflix has realised it need s a way making themselves profitable and not just on paper, which is why the subscription model has changed everywhere. The content strategy is another venue, but they're still way ahead of rivals like Disney, anyway. I think, though, 'Mindhunter' was an early error in ending and it didn't help that director David Fincher moved on, mentally, from doing any more.

Had he have indicated to continue Netflix would have backed him, but they should have carried on with other interesting visionary directors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.