TV Series

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for pointers on whether to watch The Wire or Sopranos, anyway I went with the latter and am so glad I did, I normally rush through these things but have savoured every bit of this so far, what a cracking series, can't believe I never bothered with it before. I'm just about to watch the last episode of series 3 and I almost don't want to see it, I'm seriously concerned for Paulie and don't want to see him clipped for the business with the big daft Russian, I'm sure he's fucked and I'll miss him if he goes.

Can't remember buying into anything as much as Sopranos, love the pace of it.

I've also binged series 3 of Narcos and that was good, seems like it's set up to continue into Mexico, so that's good news.

Right, here we go, hope it's not goodbye Paulie..
s03e11 is the best episode by far but it does go downhill after s4. The Wire gets better the further you go.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for pointers on whether to watch The Wire or Sopranos, anyway I went with the latter and am so glad I did, I normally rush through these things but have savoured every bit of this so far, what a cracking series, can't believe I never bothered with it before. I'm just about to watch the last episode of series 3 and I almost don't want to see it, I'm seriously concerned for Paulie and don't want to see him clipped for the business with the big daft Russian, I'm sure he's fucked and I'll miss him if he goes.

Can't remember buying into anything as much as Sopranos, love the pace of it.

I've also binged series 3 of Narcos and that was good, seems like it's set up to continue into Mexico, so that's good news.

Right, here we go, hope it's not goodbye Paulie..

For me, nothing has come close to topping the Sopranos. An almost perfect show. A couple of silly moments here and there (Bobby and the rapper/Paulie and the Medium "FUCKING QUEERS!!") but for the most part the writing/dialogue/acting was absolutely brilliant. It was all in the small details. Has there ever been a more terrifying and convincing short-arsed nutcase as Richie Aprile? A piece of me died when that show ended.

Edit - Forgot to mention, once you've finished the Sopranos give Lilyhammer (starring Steven Van Zandt) a go. Has more of a comedy element to it but still pretty good none the less.

Last edited:
I don't watch what the wife watches so she's just shown me a clip off Master Chef, Rebecca Addlington sobbing hysterically because she has to touch a dead fish, WTF has happened to English women?

Just started the blacklist, done about 7 episodes. So far so good but can see it getting a bit boring and samey with so many episodes.
Not seen Blacklist but the same happened with the series about the tattood girl. It was shit after the second one as its always the same. I only made it to 6 episodes cos she was fit.

s03e11 is the best episode by far but it does go downhill after s4. The Wire gets better the further you go.

I watched the wire earlier on in the year and it was a superb bit of TV every episode and every minute of it. Last night watched 2 episodes of the Sopranos and it hasn't grabbed me yet but will persevere.

I watched the wire earlier on in the year and it was a superb bit of TV every episode and every minute of it. Last night watched 2 episodes of the Sopranos and it hasn't grabbed me yet but will persevere.

I'm currently on my yearly sopranos refresher, just about to start season 5.... still the dogs. I think I've watched them back 3/4 times now and it just doesn't age...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.