General transfer rumours

I just don't see Navas as being an upgrade to Bravo.... Navas might be a little better with making acrobatic saves but he is worse with his feet. Remember Bravo looked excellent in la liga too. If we are going to upgrade in the GK department, than we should try to get one of the worlds best... but that seems unlikely so we should go get someone young with potential to be one of the worlds best and have the young GK challenge bravo for playing time or split playing time with Bravo. Like Barca did with ter Stegan and Bravo.

Then why are they trying to replace him like we are trying to find a better keeper? Don't we have the same ambitions as they do? They've been trying to replace him with De Gea since Van Gaal was United manager. Look where Casillas ended, he made some great saves in his time too, and won the WC, Euro. Look where he is now. Look at Victor Valdes, he had great ball distribution. Those two are former Real Madrid and Barcelona keepers for you. Bravo is just like them and Navas is also about to join that list of former mediocre Real/Barca keepers.

Anyway I have to work. We disagree but I hope it turns out the way you guys say it. I hope I hear good things later.

We got Bravo for £15m, cheap considering the market.

Fucking expensive, considering his performances ;-)

I just don't see Navas as being an upgrade to Bravo.... Navas might be a little better with making acrobatic saves but he is worse with his feet. Remember Bravo looked excellent in la liga too. If we are going to upgrade in the GK department, than we should try to get one of the worlds best... but that seems unlikely so we should go get someone young with potential to be one of the worlds best and have the young GK challenge bravo for playing time or split playing time with Bravo. Like Barca did with ter Stegan and Bravo.

He isn't.

And yes, we should go after the best. That's why we should make a strong bid for Manuel Neuer, regardless of who else we might be after, just to make a statement of intention.

And not just a joke bid either. A bid like £80m to the club plus £275k-£300k a week to the player would be enough to unsettle Bayern for a few days and it might make Neuer consider it, especially if we build a strong enough team to challenge to CL top dogs.

Even if we get rejected that would send out a statement about the kind of level we're looking for in the team. We're not bottom feeders, we have the money and resources, we have the best manager, if we're going after the best outfield players why settle for second rate keepers in their 30s that Barca and Real Madrid wanna get rid of?

And of course Neuer shouldn't just be the only target since I don't see Bayern accepting the offer but anyway, making a statement is always good. Real Madrid doesn't care if Bayern or Juventus are offended when they go after their players. Every team gets unsettled by Real Madrid when they show interest in their players because they know Real Madrid means business.

Last edited:

£110k a week apparently.

That's right! Palace giving out £110k a week for a player.

Thats the reality of the Premier League now. Everyone can afford good players and can pay them a good wage, if teams plan properly and spend wisely they can challenge for Europe and eventually go beyond that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.