Two Indian girls, 23 and 15, ordered to be raped by town council because brother eloped

Blue Haze

Two Indian Sisters Ordered to Be Raped by Village Council Beg Supreme Court for Help

They are being punished by the unelected council because their brother eloped with a married woman from a higher caste

A petition to save two sisters in India from being raped and publicly humiliated for their brother’s actions, a punishment handed down by an unofficial village council, has gathered considerable support for its demand that authorities intervene and stop the “disgusting ruling” from being enforced.

The petition by human-rights organization Amnesty International has garnered over 16,000 signatures thus far, and calls for law enforcement to stop the council-sanctioned rape of 23-year-old Meenakshi Kumari and her 15-year-old sister in Baghpat village in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

The unelected council of elders ordered that Kumari and her sister — both members of the low Dalit caste — be raped and paraded naked with blackened faces, after their brother eloped with a married woman of a higher caste. He and the woman, who belongs to the dominant Jat caste, were in love and eloped after she was forced to marry someone from her own caste, according to reports.
http://time.com/4014444/india-khap-panchayat-two-sisters-rape-ordered-uttar-pradesh/

Excerpt only due to copyright. Click on the link for the rest of the story for details.

Disgusting

These are the fuckers we need to kick the shit out of. Not the paupers who happen to be born on land with abundant natural resources.

Can't bare the news any longer, stories like this and the poor f*cking souls drowning in the sea and suffocating in backs of lorrys, especially the children and babies. It's beyond horrific, makes me upset and angry that I'm so powerless to change anything , idiots behind a keyboard that come up with vile stuff or jokes at these type of stories just make it all the more worse for me.

Can someone please post the link to support the amnesty international petition. I can't imagine that any BM poster wouldn't want to add their signature. I would do do myself but I'm out and about so can't :-(

From what I gather elsewhere the council is a tribal elder type deal way out in the sticks who have no authority, and this won't happen as the Indian Police are already on it

All managed without a petition, strangely enough

Except the elder daughter Kumari also approached India’s Supreme Court herself last week, saying that police have been harassing her and her family instead of protecting them.

Except the elder daughter Kumari also approached India’s Supreme Court herself last week, saying that police have been harassing her and her family instead of protecting them.

Not the local "police", the police in Delhi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.