Txiki Begiristain

Only in a job cos he brought pep. Bought some real fucking shite.
How much has he wasted on centre backs and we are left with stones who even then can only be classed as ok defensively at the moment. He is more potential than product.

Fernando, Garcia, Bony, Jovetic, Delph and Manuel Pellegrini you missed.

Sane at circa 40m might not be a great buy either but let's give the lad time.

None of those players were playing today, so they clearly aren't relevant to why you've brought up Begiristain tonight.

None of those players were playing today, so they clearly aren't relevant to why you've brought up Begiristain tonight.
Very relevant cos their omission shows what a waste of money they were. Add in ottamendi who has been a disaster. The bloke obviously has no idea what a good defender looks like.

Not relevant how? Is this not the Txiki Begiristain thread.

It also highlights wasted millions that could have strengthen the current squad. Gary Cook built a better team than Txiki, I think that's beyond debate.

Not relevant how? Is this not the Txiki Begiristain thread.

It also highlights wasted millions that could have strengthen the current squad. Gary Cook built a better team than Txiki, I think that's beyond debate.

They aren't relevant to any criticism based on todays game.

And Gary Cook had a list of failures that dwarfs Begiristain.

Jo, Tal Ben Haim, Wayne Bridge, Adam Johnson, Berti Glauber, Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Sinclair, Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Nastasic, Boateng, Savic. Easily 200m down the drain just there.

He also decided not to sell Balotelli to PSG for £40m after Euro 2012.

Last edited:
You might be right, however I find it hard to believe that Soriano who joined City a day after Garcia joined had no input from his right-hand man Begiristain on the transfer.
We have to assume that Marwood and John Williams with some input from Bob handled the disastrous Summer 12/13 window. Anything else is just speculation that cannot be verified.

They aren't relevant to any criticism based on todays game.

And Gary Cook had a list of failures that dwarfs Begiristain.

Jo, Tal Ben Haim, Wayne Bridge, Adam Johnson, Berti Glauber, Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Sinclair, Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Nastasic, Boateng, Savic. Easily 200m down the drain just there.

He also decided not to sell Balotelli to PSG for £40m after Euro 2012.
It amazes me how people seem to forget this almost endless list of Cook failures when wanting to bash Txiki. We've made some mistakes defensively in the market for sure but since the takeover we have spent some humongous cash on shite....

I will blame him and him solely for going into the season without a single competent defender in the squad.

Not to mention only having one senior striker. When he arrived we had 4. And banged in the goals. Now we can only score 1 a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.