Txiki Begiristain

It amazes me how people seem to forget this almost endless list of Cook failures when wanting to bash Txiki. We've made some mistakes defensively in the market for sure but since the takeover we have spent some humongous cash on shite....

I would say it amazes me, but we're in a thread where people seem unable to grasp that we switched from playing 2 up front to playing 1 up front, and no longer need 4 strikers, 3 of which would be on the bench every week.

They aren't relevant to any criticism based on todays game.

And Gary Cook had a list of failures that dwarfs Begiristain.

Jo, Tal Ben Haim, Wayne Bridge, Adam Johnson, Berti Glauber, Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Sinclair, Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Nastasic, Boateng, Savic. Easily 200m down the drain just there.

He also decided not to sell Balotelli to PSG for £40m after Euro 2012.

It amazes me how people seem to forget this almost endless list of Cook failures when wanting to bash Txiki. We've made some mistakes defensively in the market for sure but since the takeover we have spent some humongous cash on shite....

Cook took over when we'd had 30 odd years of shit. We had to pay over the odds and he backed Hughes with shite like RSC, Ben Haim and Bridge. He also brought us Kompany, Zab, Barry, Silva, Yaya, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and our first title for 34 years. Txiki over a similar period has provided what? Diniho and KDB?

It would seem that Txiki wouldn't recognize a Pep type player if it bit him on the arse
Cook took over when we'd had 30 odd years of shit. We had to pay over the odds and he backed Hughes with shite like RSC, Ben Haim and Bridge. He also brought us Kompany, Zab, Barry, Silva, Yaya, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and our first title for 34 years. Txiki over a similar period has provided what? Diniho and KDB?
Cook can hold his head high. When Txiki came in we were Champions and he bought poorly.

It would seem that Txiki wouldn't recognize a Pep type player if it bit him on the arse

Cook can hold his head high. When Txiki came in we were Champions and he bought poorly.

Amazes me how anyone can say otherwise. Look at the players he secured against the mainly dross that Txiki has signed.

We had to sign the likes of Bellamy, Adebayor, Bridge etc. to try and reach CL football. Once that goal was achieved Cook secured some A-list players. Txiki has always had the luxury of selling a team with CL football.

Amazes me how anyone can say otherwise. Look at the players he secured against the mainly dross that Txiki has signed.

We had to sign the likes of Bellamy, Adebayor, Bridge etc. to try and reach CL football. Once that goal was achieved Cook secured some A-list players. Txiki has always had the luxury of selling a team with CL football.

If trophies were handed out for spunking money on shite we definitely would be champions. Or at least runners up behind the rags

They aren't relevant to any criticism based on todays game.

And Gary Cook had a list of failures that dwarfs Begiristain.

Jo, Tal Ben Haim, Wayne Bridge, Adam Johnson, Berti Glauber, Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Sinclair, Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Nastasic, Boateng, Savic. Easily 200m down the drain just there.

He also decided not to sell Balotelli to PSG for £40m after Euro 2012.

Gary Cook left in 2011 and was not responsible for Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia or Nastasic.

Why are people giving credit/badmouthing Cook for signings? It was Marwood's job, Cook was the CEO.

Txiki has a hell of a lot to answer for when it comes to our recruitment of defenders.

£70 million wasted on Mangala and Otamendi. *shudders*

Txiki has a hell of a lot to answer for when it comes to our recruitment of defenders.

£70 million wasted on Mangala and Otamendi. *shudders*

Wonder what we will get when we sell em? Probably £3m loan fee coming in with a promise of a £30m transfer fee if Boca Juniors win the World Cup and a £200k a week wage bill going out. We probably paid Wayne Bridge's I'm a celebrity appearance fee!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.