Txiki Begiristain

and that's why we'll continue to struggle this season.

So you expected KDB to single-handedly take us to Wembley, take us through to the CL semi-final and single-handedly win an away derby, beat Arsenal and beat Barca?

That's awfully high expectations for one player you admit hasn't got the tools around him, and gives the rest of the team a free pass.

God forbid we hadn't won any of those games, you'd be livid.

What are you talking about?
This is the Txiki thread.

Txiki has left us with an unbalanced squad and a Workd class manager is struggling to get the best out of his assets thanks to such.

If you want to debate De Bruyne with me, you can wait till I praise/criticise him in his own thread.

I said his contribution has been about what I expected for our record transfer and the Bundesliga player of the year.

I would expect similar from a £50 million player.

I'm replying to that, so you're commenting on KDB in this thread, so don't pull me up on it.

See your dodging which shows how unreasonable your view was.

I'm replying to that, so you're commenting on KDB in this thread, so don't pull me up on it.

See your dodging which shows how unreasonable your view was.

Yes, De Bruyne is performing to the level I'd expect for his fee and reputation.

For me, De Bruyne is not an example of a player Txiki has signed that has exceeded expectations.
He's an excellent player and so he should be for £50 million.

Fact remains though, we're not getting the best from our talents thanks to squad and recruitment mismanagement.
This is Txiki's department.
Hence my gripe.

and that's why we'll continue to struggle this season.

So you expected KDB to single-handedly take us to Wembley, take us through to the CL semi-final and single-handedly win an away derby, beat Arsenal and beat Barca?

That's awfully high expectations for one player you admit hasn't got the tools around him, and gives the rest of the team a free pass.

God forbid we hadn't won any of those games, you'd be livid.

As I say, I've no idea what you're on about.

I don't expect De Bruyne to do anything on his own.

This is the Txiki thread, and I expect Txiki to give players like De Bruyne & the manager all the tools they need to succeed.
I don't think he's done that so far.

Close to the mark but I do recall Pep saying on numerous occasions we haven't been " strong enough " in both boxes as he phrases it and one could assume he refers to conceding too many goals from the chances the opposition have created.

Its fairly clear to me that in the past 15 games we haven't been clinical enough at both ends , ok in the other areas areas but not where it counts.

Do we need to play such a high line with our CB's irrespective of the scoreline?

We don't play a very high line anymore. Haven't for ages, he changed it.

We also aren't pressing anymore because it wasn't effective.

I think you'll find 10/10 premier league champions won the league.

If you mean 8/10 teams with the best defence then you're wrong.

Only 4 times in the last 10 seasons have the champions have the best defence. If you're going to use phrases like "didn't fit you're narrative" at least check the facts you're throwing about.

No shit. Keep a clean sheet every game and you get more points. In the real world, where the opposition does score from time to time, you need to put away opportunities in front of goal.

We've kept more clean sheets in the last 6 games than we did in the first 6 when we were going 11 unbeaten.

Which run would you prefer?

On the other hand we scored 18 goals in the first 6 games (3.0 per game).

Since then? 21 in 15 games (1.4 per game).

We've scored far fewer than our competition.

if you actually watch the games, you'd know that a lot of the goals we concede are because we've not killed the game off.

If we put away the 2 piss easy chances against Chelsea it's 3-0 and they aren't coming back. They simply aren't going to pick up the morale to score 3 goals from there.

We should have been 3 or 4 up against Everton, and then we don't have Otamendi and Stones So high up the pitch trying to force a goal. Then it's not 1v1 Clichy vs Lukaku, it's 2 or 3v1

It's not taking chances that has killed us, and if you don't beleive me, perhaps listen to the manager, as he's been saying it since October.

OK, not great research but my point still stands.
As for opposition scoring from time to time, well guess what we'll miss chances from time to time.

You quote Pep, here's also a recent quote "we need to make better decisions at both ends of pitch" So the manager doesn't think it's not taking chances alone.

OK, not great research but my point still stands.
As for opposition scoring from time to time, well guess what we'll miss chances from time to time.

You quote Pep, here's also a recent quote "we need to make better decisions at both ends of pitch" So the manager doesn't think it's not taking chances alone.

Yes he's said we need to be stronger in both boxes as a general point, but go and watch any post match interview after a loss and he'll say the biggest problem was we didn't score our big chances.

As I say, I've no idea what you're on about.

I don't expect De Bruyne to do anything on his own.

This is the Txiki thread, and I expect Txiki to give players like De Bruyne & the manager all the tools they need to succeed.
I don't think he's done that so far.
so you don't expect KDB to single-handedly win big games, yet he has done and he's only meeting your expectations.

make your mind up, we don't win those games or get results out of them without his contribution.

Therefore, he is an example of exceeding expectations.

so you don't expect KDB to single-handedly win big games, yet he has done and he's only meeting your expectations.

make your mind up, we don't win those games or get results out of them without his contribution.

Therefore, he is an example of exceeding expectations.

What are you on about?

I don't wish to discuss Kevin De Bruyne.

But as you keep asking I'll keep telling you.

I think he is performing at the level I'd hope for a transfer record.
If truth be told, I actually think he's performed below what I'd expect of a £50 million player in recent months.

So no, I don't believe Keven De Bruyne has exceeding my expectations of a £50 million player. I certainly don't think he's a credible example of someone exceeding expectations.

YaYa Toure, Silva, Zabaleta, exceeded my expectations.
Fernandinho has exceeded my expectations.

De Bruyne has at best matched them. For the record, suggesting he's lived up to his value of £50 million is by no means an insult.

Yes he's said we need to be stronger in both boxes as a general point, but go and watch any post match interview after a loss and he'll say the biggest problem was we didn't score our big chances.

That's the Dippers past the 50 goal mark, taking their chances, unfortunately for them the leaky defence means they won't challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.