Txiki Begiristain

As Sheikh Mansour says at the committee meetings...

BD-X5gBCEAAKXh4.jpg

It really is too early to judge Sane, and Jesus, but the early signs are very exciting. If they can reproduce the Spurs and West Ham form, then Txiki has played a blinder.

Wenger managed to build one team in his decades at Arsenal. Look at utd. LVG, Moyes and now Mourinho all struggling to do the same. It's not as easy as you think. Only one club can be successful and there are lot of very wealthy clubs, and only a limited squad size and therefore buys we can make.

Thats a fair point. Even more kudos to the partnership of Mancini and Cook for producing a championship winning squad in the space of 18 months particularly considering the squad he inherited.

As wrote in Pep the Evolution the City Board realised last season a whole new change of direction was required and the squad needed a massive overhaul and Pep stated ten new players were required with concerns raised about the age profile of the squad.

Pep gave them a list of players to sign and the club went out getting them. It sounds more autonomous transfer policy than previously.

Thats a fair point. Even more kudos to the partnership of Mancini and Cook for producing a championship winning squad in the space of 18 months particularly considering the squad he inherited.

As wrote in Pep the Evolution the City Board realised last season a whole new change of direction was required and the squad needed a massive overhaul and Pep stated ten new players were required with concerns raised about the age profile of the squad.

Pep gave them a list of players to sign and the club went out getting them. It sounds more autonomous transfer policy than previously.

Was A LOT easier to build the team that Mancini/Cook did back then. The PL wasn't anywhere near as competitive, nor was the transfer market in general. On top of that we at that point were much more open with the cheque book to agents, and to selling clubs.

Mullock seems to have had an uneasy relationship with Begiristain for a while now, and has written a few critical articles on him.

Are you unsure it an uneasy relationship?

It does seem an alternative view on the club is due to an axe to grind rather than just expressing a different viewpoint.

If the articles criticised the transfer policy I think that is fair comment because the board of directors, Pep himself and the majority of fans have expressed similar concerns.

Are you unsure it an uneasy relationship?

It does seem an alternative view on the club is due to an axe to grind rather than just expressing a different viewpoint.

If the articles criticised the transfer policy I think that is fair comment because the board of directors, Pep himself and the majority of fans have expressed similar concerns.

I don't think the board or Pep has criticised the club's transfer policy. Quite the opposite, Pep said it was impossible to change an entire team in one window. Hence he began the season with a mixture of old and young.

Mullock's been criticising Begiristain for a while now. Feels like he took the temperature around about a year ago and realised that loads of Blues would be quick to click any stories written negatively about Txiki/Pellegrini.

Was A LOT easier to build the team that Mancini/Cook did back then. The PL wasn't anywhere near as competitive, nor was the transfer market in general. On top of that we at that point were much more open with the cheque book to agents, and to selling clubs.

The year we won the league United still had Ferguson, Spurs had Bale, Modric, VDV, Arsenal van persie and Liverpool Suarez and Chelsea won the Champions league. In comparison to last year I am not sure the last two were even comparable.

We may have been more generous with agents but our transfer fees paid have increased substantially.

I think the major difference was the signings from that era proved significantly more successful, however this latest crop might rival them in the future.

The year we won the league United still had Ferguson, Spurs had Bale, Modric, VDV, Arsenal van persie and Liverpool Suarez and Chelsea won the Champions league. In comparison to last year I am not sure the last two were even comparable.

We may have been more generous with agents but our transfer fees paid have increased substantially.

I think the major difference was the signings from that era proved significantly more successful, however this latest crop might rival them in the future.

You misunderstand the point i'm making. Who was in for Silva when we went in for him? Toure? Balotelli? How come we had a relatively free run at these players? The reality is that yes, those signings were more successful than CHEAPER players brought in on LESS wages later on, but we also signed those players in a market that was MUCH less competitive.

Spurs bought Bale from Southampton and developed him. Suarez was bought from Holland for relative peanuts. What i'm talking about is the competition for top bracket players. It's fiercer now, much fiercer, than it was in 2009/2010. That's just a reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.