Txiki Begiristain

I also notice that nobody has blamed Khaldoon - another constant and ultimately the man who signs the cheques. Where's the 300 page thread blaming him for appointing Soriano, for appointing Begiristain, for appointing Marwood? For sanctioning the appointment of the managers and the spend on the players. He's as to blame as Txiki, who is literally a board member and reports to the Chairman. There isn't one because people like him which is what all of this boils down to.

I'm sure khaldoon in his capacity as chairman will cede responsibility for football related matters to his director of football. I can't see him micro managing and questioning every decision, being it who we bring in for transfer or who he appoints as head coach of the women's team..

What khaldoon should be doing is assessing his performance against the targets he will have set him , surely he hasn't hit these targets for the time he's been here ? His job should be up for discussion but it won't be because Pep will be the next out the door if his mate gets the bullet.

This is not a healthy position to be in for any business but this is where we are.

Hopefully Pep bails his mate out by taking a more active role and at least starts to bring in players that are fit for purpose. He may then start to hit his targets for this part of his role and this thread will stop being bumped when we lose a game

Do you blame Txiki for Bonucci and Laporte not coming in the summer?

I wouldnt blame him for any individual transfer that came off, or didnt come off. But when we have 4 ageing full backs that are past their best, havent been good enough for a couple of seasons, then I think he bears his share of responsibility.

Do you blame Txiki for Bonucci and Laporte not coming in the summer?

If those targets were identified by Pep, isn't it his job to close the deals? Not blaming him exclusively but isn't it his job to identify players and recruit them?

Just because posts were made following the Monaco game doesn't mean the views on him are based on that game.I think you can see that.

I have no issue whatsoever with sensible informed criticism mate of anyone but for me and its just my opinion, 99% of the stuff spouted on here is neither sensible or informed and at best its knee jerk and with a motive.

Im happy to sit back and enjoy the ride as i believe we have the best possible team in Txiki and Pep over the coming seasons to totally transform the squad and club into one that is going to compete for decades to come.

Mistakes will be made on and off the pitch as they do at every club but we will get the majority right and thats all that matters.

That's the whole point.

Txiki's job is to build the squad. When we win games nobody bothers because everything is fine. When we lose people bump the thread because they're angry and explode with rage like a Catherine Wheel and try to blame everybody involved.

Txiki's job performance doesn't change on a game by game basis but the rage towards him does. That's the problem.

I also notice that nobody has blamed Khaldoon - another constant and ultimately the man who signs the cheques. Where's the 300 page thread blaming him for appointing Soriano, for appointing Begiristain, for appointing Marwood? For sanctioning the appointment of the managers and the spend on the players. He's as to blame as Txiki, who is literally a board member and reports to the Chairman. There isn't one because people like him which is what all of this boils down to.

I don't like or dislike any of them. I don't know why you think posters have some personnel grudge here. My feelings on khaldoon were he employed them based on sound logic. He is not a football man. I don't have an issue with pep or Soriano and I think khaldoon needs to see this through. I think Txiki has done a poor job with the resources he's had.

If you thinks that's wrong fair play just don't invent reasons for this view. It isn't exactly ill thought out.

Last edited:
Just because posts were made following the Monaco game doesn't mean the views on him are based on that game.I think you can see that.

There have been several constant posters critising and several defending. It's a cycle, I remember getting ripped for critising Balotelli and Pelle.

I have no issue whatsoever with sensible informed criticism mate of anyone but for me and its just my opinion, 99% of the stuff spouted on here is neither sensible or informed and at best its knee jerk and with a motive.

Im happy to sit back and enjoy the ride as i believe we have the best possible team in Txiki and Pep over the coming seasons to totally transform the squad and club into one that is going to compete for decades to come.

Mistakes will be made on and off the pitch as they do at every club but we will get the majority right and thats all that matters.

I don't believe any true City fan posting has any other motive than wanting the best for City. They and I may sometimes may post knee jerk crap, however there is no need for the sneering, condescending replies that are regularly posted from some.

What khaldoon should be doing is assessing his performance against the targets he will have set him , surely he hasn't hit these targets for the time he's been here ? His job should be up for discussion but it won't be because Pep will be the next out the door if his mate gets the bullet.

This is not a healthy position to be in for any business but this is where we are.

But you've made that up. That's fan fiction.

You don't know he hasn't hit his targets.

You don't know what the AD regime think of him.

You don't know Pep's future is tied to his.

You don't know even if Pep "saved his job".

You've built a whole opinion on baseless foundations.

I don't believe any true City fan posting has any other motive than wanting the best for City. They and I may sometimes may post knee jerk crap, however there is no need for the sneering, condescending replies that are regularly posted from some.

Thats fair enough mate and you are right, there is no need for the sneering.

The whole forum has to move on from past arguments and battles it really does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.