Txiki Begiristain

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cookster, 12 Mar 2016.

1. Damocles

Damocles

I can assure you that I, and very probably @BillyShears, were in no way insulted by anything that you said. We've gone at each other with much more vitriol when we were getting on, let alone when we weren't. But I'm very glad that you freely admit that was the thing you were trying to do when posting.

Oh and for the record, and I think for the third time now with increasing depression that you're not getting this, I couldn't give a shit what you said - I gave a shit about the hypocrisy. You're the kid on the playground who gives it out then runs to teacher when things get a bit hot. Either give it and take it too or leave it alone.

2. Gordyola

Gordyola

During his time at Bayern he realised that he had to have full control of all things team related, this came to ahead there with the medical team. When he had his pre-season meeting with the City hierarchy it was agreed that he would have final say on all team related matters

3. cookster

cookster

Hilarious that you think you know me. Keep biting and i'll run to the teacher, whoever the fuck that is.

Anyway, back on topic.

4. Blueband Brother

Blueband Brother

Never been impressed with Txiki and I am still not convinced about his competence in terms of negotiating and bringing players in. I presume Guardiola will have the full responsibility of selecting the kind of players to bring with the club now, which is a big positive going forward.

5. Georgian Maestro

Georgian Maestro

One title in 5 years despite biggest net spend. Not good enough

6. hilts

hilts

It's what it all boils down to really but hopefully in the next five years we will redress the balance and not underachieve.

7. Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

I for one will give him credit for not buying Carlton Flopba. Despite an apparent full-court press from Mino and his people in trying to flog him off on us two summers in a row.

Can't be all bad, then?

All clubs' recruitment is obviously going to be hit/miss. Seems to me that of the biggest spending PL clubs Chelsea have done better since 13. Arsenal a little worse. Liverpool and Trafford far worse.

You'd ideally not want to finish second in any contest. But doesn't also seem to be a disaster as far as the tenure on a whole.

8. almir

almir

he's doing well IMO. Nobody are prepaid for trophies these days, it's a badass competition in England and it always was in Europe.

He failed to sort defence yet but it's hardesty part of the team to sort, there is simply a huge lack of world class defenders these days. many top clubs have problems with defence and at many of them players aged 30-35 are still they best defenders.

9. arfurclue

arfurclue

for those that appear to believe that Begiristain is somehow incompetent, is it possible that the club have a long term strategy that would
    provide a context in which his alleged incompetence could be seen otherwise?

10. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

No team has retained the league title since United did it back in 2008-09.

Oh, and it's two titles in five years, as I tend to count the five months of hard graft it also still requires after Big Ben strikes 12.