Txiki Begiristain

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cookster, 12 Mar 2016.

1. Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

I for one will give him credit for not buying Carlton Flopba. Despite an apparent full-court press from Mino and his people in trying to flog him off on us two summers in a row.

Can't be all bad, then?

All clubs' recruitment is obviously going to be hit/miss. Seems to me that of the biggest spending PL clubs Chelsea have done better since 13. Arsenal a little worse. Liverpool and Trafford far worse.

You'd ideally not want to finish second in any contest. But doesn't also seem to be a disaster as far as the tenure on a whole.

2. almir

almir

he's doing well IMO. Nobody are prepaid for trophies these days, it's a badass competition in England and it always was in Europe.

He failed to sort defence yet but it's hardesty part of the team to sort, there is simply a huge lack of world class defenders these days. many top clubs have problems with defence and at many of them players aged 30-35 are still they best defenders.

3. arfurclue

arfurclue

for those that appear to believe that Begiristain is somehow incompetent, is it possible that the club have a long term strategy that would
    provide a context in which his alleged incompetence could be seen otherwise?

4. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

No team has retained the league title since United did it back in 2008-09.

Oh, and it's two titles in five years, as I tend to count the five months of hard graft it also still requires after Big Ben strikes 12.

5. cibaman

cibaman

I think that's right. Mangala looked superb in his first game against Chelsea. Otamendi often has half games when he looks the real deal. And replacing Hart with Bravo wasnt just Begiristain's decision.

It's just the full backs...

6. OB1

OB1

I know it has limitations but whoscored.coms stats based rating has Otamendi in the top ten players for the season and he is the top ranked defender. He wins a lot of ball and some might say he could be more effective and make less challenges but win a lot of ball he does and he makes plenty of passes and completes a high percentage.

7. Tevez City

Tevez City

PFA Young Player of the Year has been a Spurs player in five of the last six seasons.

Exceptional youth development.

8. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Silly statement when you consider Kyle Walker winning it over a young Sergio in 2012.

9. bondsman

bondsman

And bony, delph, and fernando

10. City Raider

City Raider

Alli isn't a Spurs youth product?