Txiki Begiristain

"Always look on the bright side of life........"
Just as an aside without taking the thread elsewhere.....I was having a lovely meal in our favourite Greek Taverna in Rhodes and quite randomly in the middle of all the nice Greek music a Greek singing version of that came on bewteen the normal stuff. Quite surreal.

Yes it is and I'm sure there's more to come. It's amazing how motivated someone can be when they're told that if they don't deliver this summer they'll be out of the door.

It sure looks that way and for me, its about time!;) I've been one of those that questioned Txiki and highlighted his "misses" whenever I could BUT have to give him credit for the Silva signing. No lengthy talks....He targeted the player and got the agreement early, at a good price and for one of the better attacking players in Europe.....excellent business! Now he just needs to get me some fullbacks!;) cheers

It must be a tough job with the pressure of Bluemoon on your shoulders....well done Txiki

Haha. V. good.

giphy.gif

Why are we buying a new team for Guardiola? Because the recruitment for the 1st team didn't work out. If you disagree, would like to read the explanation. A few transfer crashes are part and parcel of the business. But looks to me that barring 3-4 players, Guardiola is going to replace more or less the entire team. Necessarily too. But that should not happen with a Football Director.

Keeper replaced. Probably to be replaced again
Fullbacks to be replaced
Centre-back: Rotation with Kompany the only constant
Midfield: Silva stays with KDB
Forwards: Aguero remains but all else changes

So Guardiola will end up with a totally new side with a few old timers from mancini's time and maybe KDB the sole success in Txiki's interim period

I would say he did brilliantly last Summer to bring in Jesus and Sane, but most neutral observers would be rightly amazed by claims that City have spent well over the duration. We were tremendously efficient in the first few years after the takeover, thereafter it's gone awry!

Why are we buying a new team for Guardiola? Because the recruitment for the 1st team didn't work out. If you disagree, would like to read the explanation. A few transfer crashes are part and parcel of the business. But looks to me that barring 3-4 players, Guardiola is going to replace more or less the entire team. Necessarily too. But that should not happen with a Football Director.

Keeper replaced. Probably to be replaced again
Fullbacks to be replaced
Centre-back: Rotation with Kompany the only constant
Midfield: Silva stays with KDB
Forwards: Aguero remains but all else changes

So Guardiola will end up with a totally new side with a few old timers from mancini's time and maybe KDB the sole success in Txiki's interim period

I would say he did brilliantly last Summer to bring in Jesus and Sane, but most neutral observers would be rightly amazed by claims that City have spent well over the duration. We were tremendously efficient in the first few years after the takeover, thereafter it's gone awry!

Could not agree more. The fact the manager believes he has to change so much so soon highlights the failed the failed transfer policy previously.

As does having to sell players at cut prices/ free or waiting for players to leave at the end of a contract does. We get away with it because of the financial support of others but let's not pretend it's an ideal way to run a business.

Still let's hope more importantly than just buying expensive players this summer signings give balance to the squad and key positions are adequately filled.

Our transfer dealings under Pellegrini especially were a shambles (Besides the first year). As was our transfer dealings in Mancini's final season.

Bony, Mangala, Fernando....uggghhh. This has improved under Pep. We spend on quality young players now. But even last summer we made an unnecessary signing in Nolito. And Bravo was a bit of a panic signing.

Hopefully after this summer. We won't have to go into another transfer window needing to sign 6-7 players. If we get our targets this summer. We can switch into a much more sensible transfer strategy and sign 1-3 new players each summer.

We are in need of an overhaul this summer because of our past poor dealings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.