Silva
B. Silva

Sane
Aguero
Jesus

And A.N. Other

Add Stones, Sterling and possibly Walker

Then clubgrown keeper plus one or two kids Garcia and one other and we're set

So this means it's either Sanchez or Laporte as it can't be both. Unless we sell a foreign player but looking at the list I can't imagine any of them going realistically. Possibly Kolarov or Otamendi?

So this means it's either Sanchez or Laporte as it can't be both. Unless we sell a foreign player but looking at the list I can't imagine any of them going realistically. Possibly Kolarov or Otamendi?

Yep, if that were to happen my money would be on Otter as Kolarov covers left back as well as centre back.

Yep, if that were to happen my money would be on Otter as Kolarov covers left back as well as centre back.

If I were being greedy and money weren't an issue I'd be selling Kolarov all day long to accommodate Laporte as he can play left back as well.

If I were being greedy and money weren't an issue I'd be selling Kolarov all day long to accommodate Laporte as he can play left back as well.

I'd be wary of signing another young CB for big money, think we need experience back there, especially in the event that Vinnie's issues persist

I'd be wary of signing another young CB for big money, think we need experience back there, especially in the event that Vinnie's issues persist

I agree. But then again when you look at what's being put in front of the centre backs and what's being bought in full back areas, the overall improvement in the team should be huge. For me a lot depends upon how much Pep trusts Otamendi's improvement, but I certainly think it's possible that he could move for Laporte.

Also although Laporte's young, he's pretty experienced. It's his 4th season straight season of playing over 30 games for Bilbao and I believe in at least two of those seasons they've played European football as well.

If you'd asked me a month ago I'd have said 100% we shouldn't take any sort of risk and if we can get VVD or Bonucci we should do that because they feel like natural replacements for Vinny. But I still feel Stones is his natural successor and more importantly i'm starting to believe that whatever the issues have been with Vinny's muscle injuries, they're behind him.

The reality is that Laporte backed out at the very last minute - his choice but it does suggest his heart either wasn't ever in it or he lacks ambition - either way it's not the right move for him and we should move on. We shouldn't waste time courting him again. I think he's a good player but his moments of indiscipline would be heavily punished in a blue shirt. For his present buy out clause there's a few other options available to us and he's another who'd play well with Kompany but might struggle without him.

Would we have signed Rodwell or Sinclair without the need to meet quotas?

Everton fans were distraught to lose Rodwell at the time. Problem is - IMO - the detractors tend to use hindsight as if how events turned out was what they thought all the time and had stated all the time.

Definitely not meant specifically towards you, but I find that sort of attitude generally lazy, convenient and shallow - just, as I say only IMO, people finding cheap ways to moan - probably simply because it is their nature.

Me - I am just enjoying the ride

I have a simple view - Khaldoon will do right by the Sheik and if he is happy with Soriano and Txiki then how the fuck is anyone on here qualified to criticise in such a 'know it all' fashion. His commitment to the Sheik will, I suspect, see anyone that is not doing their job as required quickly moved on. Of course Khaldoon does know what the job of the DOF at MCFC is - he will have largely written the job description.

We see the moaning on lots of threads - like the stadium development one - a lot I think just come across oh so entitled - as if they are 'owed' by the Sheik and his team.

Oh well - whatever floats their boat
Whoosh.

Rodwell was a funny one - most of us were pleased when we signed him -he had potential. His fitness record was awful and obviously disrupted his progress but his performances on the pitch were so erratic - he could be quite tidy and a few times - I think one was the cup against Watford he was absolutely diabolical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.