Txiki Begiristain

Rose is injured for a long time mate. Secondly Gunn is nowhere close to playing a competitive game for us. The coaches see him week in week out. Its all easy to suggest lets have Gunn to cover for Ederson, what if Ederson gets injured for a long period. Do you think we can bank 3-4 months of our season with crucial CL, PL and cup games on Gunn being our goalkeeper?

As I said musing and was a reply about homegrown quota's, yes rose is injured, but if we signed bertrand then rose would be still an option as we would still have cover until he was fit (risky but still an option), and on Gunn and any 2nd choice keeper, which normally won't be as good as first choice is a risk that injury to the 1st choice means we may not have as good a keeper for a period.
Also it was a "what if?" scenario if bravo left.

Wlaker is a good signing and fair play for landing hin to txiki, if mendy and hopefully mbappe(rather than sanchez) sign then he will have had a blinding transfer window.

In the last three summer transfer windows we have brought in
De Bruyne , Sterling, Otamendi

Sane, Gundogan, Jesus, Stones, Bravo

Silva, Ederson, Walker & probably others to come as top players Nolito and Delph as squad players.
Although they haven't all worked out I think it is a pretty decent collection of players, we need to get them working together as a team now and that's Peps job.

Doing a great job as usual.

Magnificent window so far it really is.

I am a bit of a critic based on the fees we pay and received but fair play he has sealed a few decent deals this window and areas have been addressed which have required attention. If we did sign Sanchez that would be a real stellar name as we have missed out on the 'next level' of players. That would be a true top signing.

and yet the masses of muppets on here cry "Txiki out".

I think the issue has always been the blurred lines of his roles which have caused the confusion.

Its only a feeling but you get the sense that Pep has more control on transfers than Pellers, therefore the responsibility for failings of players will fall on his shoulders rather than Txiki.

Doing a great job as usual.

Magnificent window so far it really is.
Outstanding - I bet there will be some still unable to accept this as a fact though.

The transfer window is not just about the 'window' - it is not like waiting for the start of the sales before dashing out. There will be months of planning to ensure that targets will be open to moving to us before the complicated 'dance' with clubs starts. Only someone as highly respected in the game as Txiki can control all this - certainly not people like the accountant at the swamp.

There is some strange mindset amongst some fans IMO - they just need to find fault and will twist to demean what has been achieved.

I would not be surprised to see, despite what has been achieved, the criticism narrative being developed to be about how much we have had to pay. I would also not be surprised to find some of those that develop that argument being the same posters that have been saying versions of: "....FFS - just pay what they ask.........." during recent weeks.

Then of course there will be the old-faithful about how we have/are not able to get top dollar for the likes of Bony and have to loan some people out etc.

I find the efforts that some make to run down the club (and in particular Txiki) to be pretty pathetic.

He's the best in the business, never doubted him. All the idiots that have need a big slap on the face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.