Txiki Begiristain

Just out of interest how do you know this?

Im sure amongst those targets was probably Mbappe/Sanchez/Centre Half etc.

Our targets are very well known. Sure Sanchez and Mbappe are targets but they'll run till the end of August but we are still in the mix for both. I was saying that we look to have secured 5 targets already which is good progress.

Our targets are very well known. Sure Sanchez and Mbappe are targets but they'll run till the end of August but we are still in the mix for both. I was saying that we look to have secured 5 targets already which is good progress.

Yes fair comment. The tough ones to go now.

After this window it should be tweaking the squad for the next few seasons. Now that we have a base of young players it should now be a case of bringing in youth to supplement positions. No excuses on the youth front now whereby we have a core of very good first team players so putting in one or two youth in some lineups should be to the benefit of them with a working team all round.

From now on it should be 2/3 players a window and at that they should be world class players when an opportunity arises.

I know he divides opinion, but personally think he does an excellent job. Not easy when everyone in the world knows you have cash to burn. Also not his fault that our targets get leaked to the press very early making him look quite the dilly-dallyer.
Pep wouldn't be here without him and he's pulled of some fantastic signings (Sané, Jesus, KdB, Gündogan, Fernandinho, Sterling) and this summer is shaping up nicely too, hopefully we can bring in a couple more and we will look formidable.

lots of different opinions on Txiki, I've given ample grief on him. What's going to make him more welcome to the doubters(me included) will be trophies.

Can we keep saying Txiki has had a blinder in the transfer market yet trophyless and league campaign over by January, Last three seasons. Or will that be the manager who cops the flack?

I think he's done well this year, players prices sky high but that's the market. We do seem ready for it this season so lets just get at least a title challenge going.

That's the point isn't it. Trophies.
For 3 and a half season's the team slowly stagnated, then in Pep's first season, at best, it stood still.
Txiki has a good track record with attackers, wingers and AMs but for defenders it's pretty poor. This was the case at Barcelona as well.
Hopefully with Pep in charge, the right players have been and will be targetted.
The prices paid for players this summer is high - but as I have said numerous times if you want a particular player you have to pay the price. At least Txiki has managed to do most of the deals.

Last edited:
That's the point isn't it. Trophies.
For 3 and a half season's the team slowly stagnated, then in Pep's first season, at best, it stood still.
Txiki has a good track record with attackers, wingers and AMs but for defenders it's pretty poor. This was the case at Barcelona as well.
Hopefully with Pep in charge, the right players have bean and will be targetted.
The prices paid for players this summer is high - but as I have said numerous times if you want a particular player you have to pay the price. At least Txiki has managed to do most of the deals.
His track record of defenders at Barca was pretty good, people just seem to forget he was there long before Pep and bought a lot more players than just Chygrinsky.

Doing an excellent job.

Wasn't pictured with Mendy, hopefully means he negiotiating the Sanchez deal and Cb transfer.

Going to be our best window ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.