Txiki Begiristain

Think we should also consider that we've been dealing with some of the toughest negotiators around.
Levy at Tottenham is a noted hard-nose, Madrid can be brutal (ask United) and Monaco didn't really want to part with Mendy having already brought in plenty of cash earlier in the window.
We managed to free Ederson from a 3 party ownership arrangement and are the last player in the game for Sanchez (other than Ars) having won the player over if it can be done.
And there is still a month to go.
We've picked up a highly rated Brazilian lad,
a prospect from Valencia and another from Barcelona.
Pep talked about more young players arriving and we're starting to make progress in shifting some of the veterans.
There have been a few bumps in the road also but so far it's been pretty good on all fronts.
We really could do much worse than Txiki.

NOW !! Because these are Peps signings not Txiki`s.
Why are you such a sceptic.These aren`t Txiki`s buys but our Managers and I for one have faith in him.If it takes another season for some of them to bed in then I`m more than happy to be patient.

That's the reason then that Txiki should never ever take one bit of flak, as it's the manager who is directing him on which players to buy.

Personally I think we really look good and ready for it this year. But the flip side if we do have a 4th year on the trot and our PL campaign is toast in Jan/feb like the last 3, there's going to be questions asked.

Think we should also consider that we've been dealing with some of the toughest negotiators around.
Levy at Tottenham is a noted hard-nose, Madrid can be brutal (ask United) and Monaco didn't really want to part with Mendy having already brought in plenty of cash earlier in the window.
We managed to free Ederson from a 3 party ownership arrangement and are the last player in the game for Sanchez (other than Ars) having won the player over if it can be done.
And there is still a month to go.
We've picked up a highly rated Brazilian lad,
a prospect from Valencia and another from Barcelona.
Pep talked about more young players arriving and we're starting to make progress in shifting some of the veterans.
There have been a few bumps in the road also but so far it's been pretty good on all fronts.
We really could do much worse than Txiki.
Could not agree more, although some on here will get upset with praising Txiki.

That's the reason then that Txiki should never ever take one bit of flak, as it's the manager who is directing him on which players to buy.

Personally I think we really look good and ready for it this year. But the flip side if we do have a 4th year on the trot and our PL campaign is toast in Jan/feb like the last 3, there's going to be questions asked.
I agree that we should be doing "fairly" well in both the PL and CL, but I can live with the fact that it might take another season (as Pep has already stated) before we see the best of City.Who knows they may all click as a team and we become the best thing since sliced bread.Unfortunately if we don`t then for some unknown reason,I would bet my house that Txiki will still get the blame.He`s on a lose lose situation.

NOW !! Because these are Peps signings not Txiki`s.

There's no such thing as "Pep's signings" and "Txiki's signings".

Pep works for Txiki. If Txiki says no then he's not getting the player. Txiki also works with Pep, if Pep says no then he doesn't buy the player. There's no delineation here.

I think we could get better deals on players. But we'd have to be willing to wait, and maybe even miss out on the odd wanted player.

I'd like us to do that, but maybe the decision makers at the club arent prepared to take that risk for the sake of a few million.

Why are you such a sceptic.These aren`t Txiki`s buys but our Managers and I for one have faith in him.If it takes another season for some of them to bed in then I`m more than happy to be patient.

Geez, the windows not over yet and if can overload Nasri, Mangala, Bony, AK and Kelechi for good money, then of that £200 million net war chest, the could still be a couple of big signings to come.

I think we could get better deals on players. But we'd have to be willing to wait, and maybe even miss out on the odd wanted player.

I'd like us to do that, but maybe the decision makers at the club arent prepared to take that risk for the sake of a few million.
Rightly fucking so.

No idea why you'd rather we wait and potentially miss out on players to save a few million you'd never benefit from. Really can't understand that thinking at all.

Pep works for Txiki. If Txiki says no then he's not getting the player. Txiki also works with Pep, if Pep says no then he doesn't buy the player. There's no delineation here.

I wonder how much input Pep actually has into purchases like Yangel Herrera, Douglas Luiz, Marlos Moreno, Rulli etc. In an ideal world he'd look at them as much as a normal signing and approve them as players he'd love to work with if they improved a bit, but I'm not sure that those "development" purchases aren't a completely different enterprise to first team matters.

I used those "quotes" as Txiki still gets the terminology "Txikis signings" thrown at him based on assumptions from 2+ years ago,when some Blue Mooners claimed he just went out willy-nilly and bought the likes of "English" players to boost our squad numbers.
I remember having a lively debate also about a Committee that was formed by Khaldoon to look at and discuss with himself,Sorano,Txiki and the Team Manager,transfer strategies and how to move forward with them.People were under th assumption that Txiki was the man who had the final say on transfer policies... something that was completely incorrect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.