Txiki Begiristain

You sound like a rag, gooner, scouse fan coming out with shit like that and it does you no justice whatsoever.
Begiristain arrived in October 2012 and in 2012-13 we underachieved, in 2014-15 we underachieved and this season we're underachieving.

Pellegrini has turned us into a boring, predictable bunch of bottlers. Bar the last six of last and first five games of this season we've been pretty dreadful for two full seasons in the Prem.

I don't think Txiki can be absolved of any blame here but Pellers is mainly responsible for a squad decline over the last two seasons.

It makes me wonder who does the scouting for our players and is there any thought to how they will fit into the pattern of play? You get the impression that the policy is very much hit and hope.

Bony, Fernando, Mangala, sterling and to a certain extent Otamendi have all struggled. There is no evidence in my book that Pellers has had any sort of influence on these players at all.

I get the anger right now, its understandable and justified but this thread is absolute fucking rubbish.

Im out.

Fernandinho is the only good signing so far. Statistically, I'm pretty sure we'd have done better drawing names out of a hat.

I get the anger right now, its understandable and justified but this thread is absolute fucking rubbish.

Im out.
Why is it though? Because in an ideal world the Barcelona DoF should be coming in and doing a marvellous job and you'd like the blame to lie somewhere else for why he isn't? You don't want to look like we criticise someone who has come from Barcelona and we should respect him just for that?

Look at how this squad has dropped in quality...look at how he's stuck by this manager after two very poor Prem seasons...look at the football we've started playing in the last two seasons...

Where does the blame lie? You won't have it at Pellegrini's door, so where?

A league and cup double, a league cup this season and the CL progression, not too mention the way he has been on board re Pep says very different.

Oh give me a break.

Alan Ball would have won at least 1 PL title with this squad and over 300m to spend on it

League Cups are barely worth more than a Charity Shield. The club doesn't even include them in the '5 trophies in 5 years' aim.

"CL progression"
His 1st year we had a piss easy group.
2nd year we scraped through by the skin of our teeth amassing 8 pts - less than we did in our first CL campaign.
3rd year, another pretty easy group and now an easy draw. We will go out against the next decent team we face

"on board re Pep"

Ooooh yea, you're right, that makes him a good appointment! Such a feat rivals Utd's treble season!

His transfer dealings have been appalling all told.

Getting Pep is fantastic, but his biggest mistake was not fucking Pellegrini off after last season.

Why is it though? Because in an ideal world the Barcelona DoF should be coming in and doing a marvellous job and you'd like the blame to lie somewhere else for why he isn't? You don't want to look like we criticise someone who has come from Barcelona and we should respect him just for that?

Look at how this squad has dropped in quality...look at the sticking by this manager...look at the football we've started playing in the last two seasons...

I'm not sure the squad has dropped in quality. It remains to be seen what the new manager does with the likes of Otamendi, Mangala etc. as I don't think there will be as many changes as anticipated. If I have a criticism of Txiki it's that the manager should have gone last season. I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Waiting for Pep was always a risky strategy.

ufc is better run than city ?we are all a bit pissed off but really

One of the fastest growing companies out there at the moment, vastly due to the Conor McGregor effect I realise.

I feel that our owners and Chairman look for the staff who look the part and are less of a bombshell in the media. I believe that Cook would've been sacked regardless of the Nedum Onuoha affair, he didn't tick the right boxes for the owners. Same went for Mancini, and look at the boring half wit they replaced him with, just because he was media friendly.

Look at how this squad has dropped in quality...look at the sticking by this manager...look at the football we've started playing in the last two seasons...

Its rubbish because in a ridiculously short space of time, as a club we have wont the league twice, league cup twice and the FA cup as well as going into the CL and progressively going further with this season the best yet. We have bought some shit, every club does but we have also bought some real world class players and we have just landed the worlds best manager whom i suggest is equally impressed with what he has seen and the plans for the future.

Ferran and Txiki, under Khaldoon and with Mansour's backing have got us to this point and we are just beginning in the grand scheme of things.

Its always been about the next 20/30/50/100 years and not just tomorrow but that said, we have had great immediate success.

Add in whats going on off the pitch and the academy and thats why this thread is crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.