Txiki Begiristain

The difference between Leicester and us was they had Leadership,character,preparation and motivation all of which have been draining out of this Club for 3 years. Pep no doubt will restore these attributes but when he leaves will Txiki revert to controlling another demise.
Cheer up mate. We are getting the most desired manager in world football for at least 3 years. Let's not worry about what happens after he leaves just yet eh?

If we got rid tomorrow, there wouldn't be a club in world football not after his signature.

That tells you all you need to know.

And that is absolutely true - people just need to moan - they do not need to actually have a grasp of the facts - they can just use hindsight to make themselves sound 'profound' - well at least to themselves.

You have to LOL at some of the posters on here dishing it out to Txiki - as if they are remotely qualified to have an authoritative view. For me it is a simple process - the Sheik, employs Khaldoon - are either of these 2 in line for a slagging off from the these deep thinkers? Khaldoon employed the Spanish duo - I think that we can afford to trust his judgement over the BM's experts.

For me a mixed bag as far as signings. But usually seemed to be the most sought-after player at the time.

The Mangala summer, I believe the next two best CBs on the market were Benatia and Lovren. United and Chelsea both were after Mangala. Recall seeing that Mangala turned down equivalent deal with one of those to sign with us. Benatia seems to have flopped. Lovren too, more or less.

Bony is the one that puzzles me in hindsight. We had no strikers fit at the time but Bony was at AFCON till after Aguero and Dzeko were projected to return IIRC.

Maybe they thought Bony would be better than Dzeko? Hindsight 20/20 and whatnot, but clearly he isn't.

For me a mixed bag as far as signings. But usually seemed to be the most sought-after player at the time.

The Mangala summer, I believe the next two best CBs on the market were Benatia and Lovren. United and Chelsea both were after Mangala. Recall seeing that Mangala turned down equivalent deal with one of those to sign with us. Benatia seems to have flopped. Lovren too, more or less.

Bony is the one that puzzles me in hindsight. We had no strikers fit at the time but Bony was at AFCON till after Aguero and Dzeko were projected to return IIRC.

Maybe they thought Bony would be better than Dzeko? Hindsight 20/20 and whatnot, but clearly he isn't.
Utterly bizarre. Think most deep down thought it wasn't never going to work out apart from the people at the top being paid shit loads.

Delph was another pointless signing and after keeping five clean sheets in a row at the start of the season the club splashed out another 40 million on a centre back. Really struggle to see what the plan is at city. Need more signings like Fernandinho who had continually performed at champions league level. Gundogan is a good start.

Delph was another pointless signing and after keeping five clean sheets in a row at the start of the season the club splashed out another 40 million on a centre back. Really struggle to see what the plan is at city. Need more signings like Fernandinho who had continually performed at champions league level. Gundogan is a good start.

Right. So when Kompany was out injured for lengthy periods, we would've had Mangala paired with Demichelis instead. Unless we kept Denayer, but there's no way of knowing how he would've faired.

And that is absolutely true - people just need to moan - they do not need to actually have a grasp of the facts - they can just use hindsight to make themselves sound 'profound' - well at least to themselves.

You have to LOL at some of the posters on here dishing it out to Txiki - as if they are remotely qualified to have an authoritative view. For me it is a simple process - the Sheik, employs Khaldoon - are either of these 2 in line for a slagging off from the these deep thinkers? Khaldoon employed the Spanish duo - I think that we can afford to trust his judgement over the BM's experts.

So what makes you 'remotely qualified' to have a contrary authoritative view. Examine the facts rather than just accept the Corporate line and you too may become a 'deep thinker' ...You note I quote your words. I am not slagging you off or demeaning as you do anyone critical of the DoF.

So what makes you 'remotely qualified' to have a contrary authoritative view. Examine the facts rather than just accept the Corporate line and you too may become a 'deep thinker' ...You note I quote your words. I am not slagging you off or demeaning as you do anyone critical of the DoF.

I am not remotely qualified - nor are you or most (anyone) else on here - we just express our views on a forum. I am not claiming to be authoritative and am just expressing my view which was to agree with the poster that I responded to that Txiki was - and certainly would still be - amongst the most sought after DOFs in the business - can you name one that would be more sought after?

Also IMO fans just like (need) to moan and to comment as if they were/are informed - when in fact, particularly with regard to the shady world of dealings with agents - doing business is not as simple (as some fans make it sound) as buying a car. Only IMO, in football the big deals take time to develop, as examples, the signings of Sterling and KDB seemed to reflect that a deal was done between parities and then settled with the club. If that was the case it is likely that we can do that because we have a DOF that 'knows' people - you see that there are rumours of other players coming in this summer - because our DOF is able to progress on the QT with key players and agents - do you think that Woodward the swamp accountant has such standing?

So yeah - in a world where 'WE' are not remotely qualified to give senior executives of the club an 'appraisal' I look to those that are - the Sheik & Khaldoon. They seemed to headhunt them and invest responsibility for the long term strategy - I think that we fans should show the Sheik and Khaldoon a bit more respect than to just carp on all the time. But as I mentioned fans just seem to want (need) to moan and speak as if they know better - when in fact all they ever do is use hindsight (this is most certainly not aimed at you personally as you have responded in a very constructive manner).

My broader concern is that these sages and oracles that seem to dominate most threads on here nowadays are starting to make CITY fans seem like the entitled gobsites that you find on scumcafe. Lots of times these are (likely) JCL armchair warriors that (IMO) do not reflect the opinions of long-standning or match-going fans - but they just drown every thread with their outpourings - often (I suspect) just to satisfy their need to come across as knowledgeable when in fact they are not.

Anyway -fuck this - I am off to pick up my ticket

Last edited:
I am not remotely qualified - nor are you or most (anyone) else on here - we just express our views on a forum. I am not claiming to be authoritative and am just expressing my view which was to agree with the poster that I responded to that Txiki was - and certainly would still be - amongst the most sought after DOFs in the business - can you name one that would be more sought after?

Also IMO fans just like (need) to moan and to comment as if they were/are informed - when in fact, particularly with regard to the shady world of dealings with agents - doing business is not as simple (as some fans make it sound) as buying a car. Only IMO, in football the big deals take time to develop, as examples, the signings of Sterling and KDB seemed to reflect that a deal was done between parities and then settled with the club. If that was the case it is likely that we can do that because we have a DOF that 'knows' people - you see that there are rumours of other players coming in this summer - because our DOF is able to progress on the QT with key players and agents - do you think that Woodward the swamp accountant has such standing?

So yeah - in a world where 'WE' are not remotely qualified to give senior executives of the club an 'appraisal' I look to those that are - the Sheik & Khaldoon. They seemed to headhunt them and invest responsibility for the long term strategy - I think that we fans should show the Sheik and Khaldoon a bit more respect than to just carp on all the time. But as I mentioned fans just seem to want (need) to moan and speak as if they know better - when in fact all they ever do is use hindsight (this is most certainly not aimed at you personally as you have responded in a very constructive manner).

My broader concern is that these sages and oracles that seem to dominate most threads on here nowadays are starting to make CITY fans seem like the entitled gobsites that you find on scumcafe. Lots of times these are (likely) JCL armchair warriors that (IMO) do not reflect the opinions of long-standning or match-going fans - but they just drown every thread with their outpourings - often (I suspect) just to satisfy their need to come across as knowledgeable when in fact they are not.

Anyway -fuck this - I am off to pick up my ticket
Good post that.

No it isn't. It's just the old "we aren't qualified and don't know what is going on" argument, combined with the "the Sheik and Khaldoon appointed them and who dares criticise them" argument, with a smattering of "worried that we are becoming like the rags" nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.